Done a 360 in terms of gear (Guitars)

That's exactly what I did :), I think I put somewhere the whole thing took less than 5 or 10 minutes..

It's kind of a weird one, I suppose you really shouldn't put unfinished or quick / raw products on the net.

What about the actual mix?

maybe you need more experience with amp sims, i can make like 4 good tones with different impulses or digital amps under 10 minutes with very little processing, i dont have experience with real amps at all.

Just want to say, Olas new demos for otherwise shitty amps still sound terrible, I don't know why you guys think they sound anything like an actual amp. Who cares if Ola can make a line 6 spider sound decent? Its still fucking terrible compared to a 6505 or Savage, or any high gain tube head really..

I think just about everyone prefers the sound of a real amp over the simulator, it's just what they can do.
I love working with Peaveys, Blackstars, and Mesas. But when I'm off at school, all I can do is work with my POD. But when I get home it's right back to the big boys. You can't blast real amps in dorm rooms or apartments, so you go for the next alternative.
Effigy, keep in mind that Ola is trying to impress people. Yes, these shitty amps sound shitty, but when recorded correctly, meeting a good player, and mixed correctly, it at least sounds better than the kids at Guitar Center. Does that mean that is a sound that you want on a cd? Certainly not. His good amp videos are obviously much better, he's just doing this for kicks at this point, I think.

Just want to say, Olas new demos for otherwise shitty amps still sound terrible, I don't know why you guys think they sound anything like an actual amp. Who cares if Ola can make a line 6 spider sound decent? Its still fucking terrible compared to a 6505 or Savage, or any high gain tube head really..

No one denied that. I never said that, my entire point was that unprocessed tones can still sound better than the one we have demonstrated in this thread.

The guitars seem too nasally and low gain for me. Cymbals sound tiny, like they've been highpassed at 5khz.

I agree with the Cymbals, but I kind of dig low gain clear and powerful tones with a bit of grit.. That's just my thing really..

As I say, I used a 57 on this and it might be blasphemy but I much prefer an MD421 / Neumann or Mojave... I get a far cleaner thicker and more powerful tone when mic'd in the right position.. I literally picked up a 57 shoved it to the side of the cone..

The Cymbals agree again, but this is a demo not a fully recorded commercial product.. So I'll work on them thanks...

I probably have not spent enough time with modelling, as someone else said. But I don't really want to, I'm not going to spend months on end with Modeller's when I can just mic an amp.. That's my point..

I can get much much better from a mic and cab combo, but the point is I was struggling more with a Modeller.. So I as the title says, I did a 360 and It's moving things forward quickly...

Also the amp got taken into the shop about 10 mins after I switched it on, there is something really fucked up with it.. Strange humming and some fucked up wiring.. Not sure how much of a factor it played but ahh well..

In essence I can imagine the final sound, it makes me happy..

Dude, 360 degrees is full circle, you start at one point, end at the same, 360 degrees is 0 degrees.

I started with an amp, I finished with an amp..

(0/360) (Start at amp, finish at amp)

(0) Start at amp (90) Modellers (180) Synthetic Banjo's (270) No suggestions for 270 (360) I'm back where I started, at an amp a full 360 degree turn.. Back to point of origin.

Not sure what the issue is here?