"don't ever trust... don't ever trust the needle... WHY?!!!"

So who killed Mary anyway? I remember in some interview they said the VideoMindcrime thing has the answer in it, and all I could come up with was that maybe she committed suicide (it was one of the words they flashed on a screen in the background of them playing in one of the videos).

Or am I being too anal?

That was a great tour- we saw them in St. Louis on a Friday night after I gave a presentation in my 7th hour sophomore English class on comparing the political points of two songs' lyrics; I chose QR's Empire and some Tracy Chapman song. The presentation was okay, but the best was that we listened to each of the songs, and I got to subject our whole class to QR. At the time it was fun. A friend of mine did Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills and Europe's Cherokee- the plight of the Native Americans.

Anyway, the show was great- except Suicidal Tendencies opened- I never did like them. But the QR stage show was great. They recorded that LiveCrime thing a couple days after we saw them. I had my first Orange Freeze from Steak & Shake that night. Ah, good times.

it is probably the best live performance of any band caught on tape, second only to maybe Live
After Death. the vocals are amazing, the music is flawless and the background harmonies are in tune. the quality of the actual film is amazing as well. i watch that video and feel very humble about myself as a musician/songwriter and it inspires me to do do better. :)

i haven't seen the dream theater dvd yet although i am sure it is awesome. but to me livecrime makes me feel worse because i have come to terms with not being very tehnical in alot of aspects of my playing but hearing mindrime completely makes me feel shitty about my songwriting skills because of its passion and depth, something which the dream theater stuff possesses to an extent but not as much as mindcrime.

The only DT releases I really listened to were the first 3 (WD&DU, I&W, Awake and that live in Japan one). I saw them on the Images and Words tour in a small club with like 12 people, which was great. I got the blue one with the water and the binoculars on the front, but haven't listened to it. Which ones are the best since Awake?

jameslabrie.jpg
=
gay-pink.gif