Doom 2

Wasn't "Doom 2" just "Doom" with new maps and a double-barreled shotgun? I never played either of them really (my parents wouldn't let me :mad: ), but I remember thinking that was pretty lame for a sequel (maybe less so for the time it came out)

Doom 2 was definitely better than the first one.

Oh man, Icon of Sin was the scariest level ever..

Wasn't "Doom 2" just "Doom" with new maps and a double-barreled shotgun? I never played either of them really (my parents wouldn't let me :mad: ), but I remember thinking that was pretty lame for a sequel (maybe less so for the time it came out)

Thats my argument for the HL2-episodes. :lol:
But seriously, Doom 2 kicks major ass.

What makes Doom 2 better is probably the fact that when they released Doom, all this with FPS-games was brand new and they didnt really know how to make things as good as they could be.
But when Doom 2 was released, they where starting to get a grip on it.
The game just feels much better then the first one!

Anyhow, if you haven't played any of them, its about frikkin' time!
THE best singleplayer FPS _EVER_.

Btw, ive managed to play through Doom 2(Nightmare) in 35 minutes! :headbang:

Now that I think about I never actually beat the final boss, I just kept getting my ass handed to me. Damn, I might have to re-install the thing and give it another go.

The sound of the double-barreled shotgun is one of the best i've never ear! And its my favorite weapon of all games i've played in my life. I remember trying to be close as I can from the enemy... and BANG, shooting this bastard at point-black. Or shooting it to a small pack of 6 imps... all down from one single shot.

Love the combined sound of the shotgun with the death-sound of the Arachnotron at 1 inch from me... instant pleasure :headbang:

I mostly ever use the shotgun, it kicks major ass. Big fucking gun is kind of useless, but plasma rifle is fun.

As for the sounds, I love them all :D

I've always loved the soundtrack of Doom 2, especially the song in Refueling Base :headbang: there are lots of other great ones as well.

Looots of songs from Doom where inspired by well know metal songs, and i have to say, sometimes are like a total rip off!

Listen at 2:30

Last edited by a moderator: