Doom 2

I could never get DosBox to work:(
The first time I played Doom, man, I think was in 1995. It fucking blew my mind.
I never got the full version of Doom (1) until about a year later though

also got it from a bbs! Same with Duke 3D when it came out.

Those were the days

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!

I had a shit load of friends who ran BBS boards, and one of them made me a "SysOp" - haha, the memories!!

I downloaded Duke again off of Xbox Live! :headbang:!

Such an awesome game, and honestly had the best one liners ever. My fave was - "Your ass, your face... What's the difference"

Spear of Destiny was actually released AFTER Wolfenstein 3D, although it is a prequel. ;)
And hell yeah it ruled! :kickass:

Damn.. now il have to re-install Strife as well!

Damn.. now il have to re-install Strife as well!

And Hexen, Heretic, ROTT...

The Build engine spawned some nice games besides Duke too: Blood, Shadow Warrior..

Well, Dopefish approves of this thread!

Edit: Actually... scrap ROTT. Never really liked it. And Exhumed aka Powerslave on Build was rather poor too.

hahahaha, I just played Spear of Destiny and tried to insert cheats so I could see how long the minigun guy lasts (because he's hard and I'm only at 25% health :( ) and I noticed something I've NEVER noticed before...

I don't know if the cheat codes are different in SoD or if the second hardest difficulty setting doesn't allow you to cheat, but the guy was showing me faces when I tried entering MLS long enough :lol: he showed me his tongue, and he made this
: - kind of face :lol:

I also noticed another thing about him; I don't know what are the exact requirements for this to happen but when I shot at nothing specifically and a military policeman heard it, he came to search for me and I had only a knife in my hand, the Wolfenstein dude looked all scared for a second :lol:

Shadow Warrior..

Shadow Warrior is THE shit! I've just recently played it through again.

There's a source port or mod or whatever, that allows you to run it on newer PC's properly, and also adjust the graphics and controls better. I recommend it for everyone who owns Shadow Warrior.

The guy who voice-acted Lo Wang is so funny :lol: after him I didn't really think Duke Nukem was that awesome (okay, I'm probably going to get my ass kicked for this :lol: )

There's a source port or mod or whatever, that allows you to run it on newer PC's properly, and also adjust the graphics and controls better. I recommend it for everyone who owns Shadow Warrior.

The guy who voice-acted Lo Wang is so funny :lol: after him I didn't really think Duke Nukem was that awesome (okay, I'm probably going to get my ass kicked for this :lol: )

Same here!
Played through it a couple of months ago.. epic game. :D
http://www.jonof.id.au/jfsw :)

Im pissed that they have ported almost every BUILD game, except Blood! >;/
Caleb is the most awesome game character EVAR, and its a bitch getting the game to work well in dosbox. ;/

The guy who voice-acted Lo Wang is so funny :lol: after him I didn't really think Duke Nukem was that awesome

+1!!
Shit, now I need to (re)finnish Shadow Warrior. I remember it had a nuclear rocket launcher with countdown and fallout. That game was so over the top. :headbang: