Doom Metal without Gothic Overtones.

LordFireworm said:
Tindor? His name is Soti on my screen. How the hell do you people know esoteric posters by their former names?

Firstly, I'm good with names. Secondly, he used to regularly post in the same forum I posted in. Thirdly, only he could be so incoherent and senseless.

You ask for doom w/o "gay" goth under/overtones then go on to say that early Anathema is too depressing?????????????????????????????????

Not to mention you labeling Judas Iscariot doom. Weakling does have some doomy elements but arent doom.

I think you should change your sn and start all over again.

I never said Judas Iscariot or weakling was doom, its just bands i like, and that guy said that i wouldn;t like the others bands becase they were depressing, i was joking about anathema being depressing since thier pretty much pop now

i never said thatTheatre of Tragedy and Lacuna Coil were doom they are pop metal, and i've heard Skepticism before. I listen to mostly Black and viking metal, so doom metal isn't really my thing.

Hm, Im not goth at all, and I love doom even gothic sounding doom - in fact I dress in multiple colors, and enjoy beating up goths for fun. Its especially easy as most are 130 lb waeklings, and the others are overweight and cant run without breaking a black nail, causing them to break down into tears.

Dreamlord- My Dying Bride Gay? I hope you are joking- if not, I am shocked, shocked i tell you. Dude you used to have taste, what happened?

My Dying Bride is too whiny. And yes, MDB has gothic undertones. I even recall and interview where Aaron "whiner" Stainthrope (sp?) called MDB a goth band. Goth is gay.

Well yeah they have gothic overtones, but there is nothing wrong with a little goth. Oh well, you have different personal tastes than I- who cares. I just love My dying Bride, and cant say enough good things about them.

But this week you have attacked Godspeed You black emperor, and my dying bride, if you attack slayer I will cry.

There are quite a few doom bands with no "romantic" or gothic elements. Khanate being a prime example. The last Deinonychus album is brilliant. Sketicism and Thergothon have been mentioned already. Bethlehem, Zaraza, Bunkur, Winter, Dolorian, Esoteric and Halo as well.
Many traditional doom bands will not use violin or female vocals or whatever it is you label as gothic: Candlemass, Orodruin, Reverend Bizarre, St. Vitus, Penance, Electric Wizard, Sleep and so on.