Give me some Doom and Gothic band-tips!

Originally posted by Heavy M
@opacity, I don´t realy know...I have almost no idéa what gothic is. So thats why I wanted to check it out
:D as you probably (will) notice, the common opinion of what is "gothic metal" is a "Beauty and the Beast"-clichee :rolleyes: the beautiful, innocent female with a wailing voice and as counterpart a male with extreme voice (shrieky/growling/ rough at least).
I give you examples of bands with no female vocals. check both variations out, you will hear what you like more ;)

Legenda
Yearning
Lost In Twilight (now: Divercia; I havn't heard anything from them since the name change, so they might sound different now)
Twilight Ophera

there might be different opinions on these bands, but when I read the lyrics, it's all "gothic poetry"

Originally posted by opacity
yes, really. it might be they had an extremely bad day, and also you can always blame the sound-technicians :lol: but all other 3 bands had a very good sound....
Agathodaimon played many songs from chapter III, so I knew how the songs were supposed to sound like, and none really did sound so :s the clean vocals were totally fucked up, which was a great disappointment especially in "Past Shadows" :cry: and also the guitarwork was not well recognizable :s all remarkable passages were fucked up, like for instance in "An Angel's Funeral" (you know: the catchy melody-line that is there from the beginning). the only 2 things that seemed to really work were the drums :headbang: and the keyboard (I guess you cannot do much wrong there... :p ). "Tongue Of Thorns" was good at the beginning, but turned into another desaster :cry: all in all, I can only hope this was a bad day they had, otherwise I'd have to recommend them only as studio-band
;)