Doomocracy (Greek doom for fans of Candlemass, Solitude, etc)

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Saw someone post this over at Metal Rules.

Never heard of them before.

Looks like a new album is on the way....

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL - If you are not going to listen to this band because they sound exactly like another band, then we better just write off most new traditional doom or metal bands.....

I do write most of them off unless i hear something that's just different enough to keep me interested. Borrowed Time is a perfect example. I hear influences of a lot of stuff, but they don't sound like anyone else that I've ever heard. That's why I like them a lot.

The one song by this band that i heard could have been touted as an SA demo song. It's good. But it's too good and not original enough for me to spend a lot of effort getting into them.

Sorry (#sorrynotsorry) if your feelings got hurt because I don't like your new favorite band. hahaha

;)

It's a big reason why I'm not that into doom in general as so much of what I hear sounds like Candlemass or SA (who totally janked Candlemass). Yes, I'm a hypocrite, sue me.

Certianly not my fav new band.

Just my commentary that a lot of newer trad doom and metal bands are simply copies of their influences.

I agree 100% on Borrowed Time.
They are one of the most unique modern underground bands.

It's what I love about Slough Feg as well.

@ Bob - I agree too. If a band wears an influence on their sleeve, but are good at it and write good tunes, then all is good.

and for the record, I believe SA did it a little better than Candlemass for the sole reason of the vocal melodies. Marcolin sang the guitar line on almost every song and it got annoying. Lowe took a more Arch-esque-ish approach to his melody lines.