Favorite doom albums

What????????
When have I EVER claimed ND to be a doom band?

ND are the epitome of what I referred to above as "Dark Metal"
No band on my list has harsh vocals.

The only "stretch" on my list would be the inclusion of some stoner bands.

hahahaha....seriously???? you called them doom for so long. How come you constantly always put on all your post about them....Doom On!!

hahahaha....seriously???? you called them doom for so long. How come you constantly always put on all your post about them....Doom On!!

Because the second word of their name is DOOM.
Not really rocket science.
As I said, I personally have NEVER EVER described ND's music as doom metal.

You want to know why?
Because I have been familiar with CELTIC FROST since the mid 80s, and understand their primary influence.

Even their earliest recordings, heck even the last LACERATION 7", was dark metal and not true doom metal.

Sorry bro - you ain't gonna corner me on anything ND related.

LOL,
Look, as I said, it's all subjective.
I am not gonna be upset if folks want to say MDB, Celtic Frost, Type O, Anathema, Katatonia, etc, etc, etc are doom metal.
If you are a casual doom metal fan, then you might think so.

For example, I am sure there might be extreme brutal metal fans that might disagree if I called MACABRE death metal, and not one of the appropriate 20 sub genres. I am NOT a death metal guy nor care enough to genre classify them correctly or not.

This thread would NOT be C.O.T.D. approved!!!!!

Because the second word of their name is DOOM.
Not really rocket science.
As I said, I personally have NEVER EVER described ND's music as doom metal.

You want to know why?
Because I have been familiar with CELTIC FROST since the mid 80s, and understand their primary influence.

Even their earliest recordings, heck even the last LACERATION 7", was dark metal and not true doom metal.

Sorry bro - you ain't gonna corner me on anything ND related.

hahahahahah seriously....you have called them doom since you started listening to them. I see old age has finally stuck your memory.

hahahahahah seriously....you have called them doom since you started listening to them. I see old age has finally stuck your memory.

Sorry, 100% incorrect.
I have NEVER called them doom metal, because they aren't.
Not sure why you aren't letting this go........

You are trying to tell me that I classify one of my top 10 to 20 active bands differently than I do????

That's like me telling you how you classify all the different pagan metal bands you like. Not my thing, nor do I know or care how you would do so.

You are just baiting right now......

Sorry, 100% incorrect.
I have NEVER called them doom metal, because they aren't.
Not sure why you aren't letting this go........

You are trying to tell me that I classify one of my top 10 to 20 active bands differently than I do????

That's like me telling you how you classify all the different pagan metal bands you like. Not my thing, nor do I know or care how you would do so.

You are just baiting right now......

n...so many times you have called them doom. We have been at shows and you have said they are doom. I have emails with you saying they are doom. I bet you think the south won the Civil War and Germany is still divided by a wall.

Ok, before my list, I want to clarify something..................

Is Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, or Shadows Fall "Heavy Metal"???
One word answer...........NO!

here we go...the what is and isn't metal debate. listen, I don't like those bands, but I don't know what you would call them besides metal. I feel a lot of people, tend to say bands aren't metal when they actually just don't like the band. Not saying you're doing this with the dark metal bands but yeah, those three I would say are metal even if I don't listen to them.

here we go...the what is and isn't metal debate. listen, I don't like those bands, but I don't know what you would call them besides metal. I feel a lot of people, tend to say bands aren't metal when they actually just don't like the band. Not saying you're doing this with the dark metal bands but yeah, those three I would say are metal even if I don't listen to them.

Read my quotes......
Those bands are NOT "heavy metal".
They are hardcore influenced bands who play metallic riffs.....

Just like MDB are a dark metal band influenced by doom AND gothic AND avante garde AND death metal.

Capiche???????

Read my quotes......
Those bands are NOT "heavy metal".
They are hardcore influenced bands who play metallic riffs.....

Just like MDB are a dark metal band influenced by doom AND gothic AND avante garde AND death metal.

Capiche???????

You are splitting the split ends of split ends of hairs that have been split already. :loco: