Doomsword - My Name Will Live On

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
Who has heard this awesome album

It's a slab of high quality epic metal with some viking lyrics and ideas. This seems to have more of the great Italian sound with the vocals and the fucked up progressive sounding riffs.

I have yet to hear the first Doomsword, but this is a great continuation of the other two albums.

I didn't really care for this album aside from the song "Thundercult." There was nothing I could really pinpoint as being bad in the album but the whole thing felt pretty flat to me, especially the vocals. It just wasn't a very dynamic album, there wasn't enough diversity in the songs for something that was toted as epic.

You should listen to Hordak's "The Last European Wolves," it's truly epic viking-ish metal; they call it Celtiberian metal or pagan metal but it's full of viking themes. There's a lot of diversity in the instruments, great accoustic passages and awesome folky riffs that really add to the awesomeness. Not to be rude but it really blows anything by Doomsword away, IMO :p

Because you don't know what the fuck Traditional Metal is and you're listening to it as a "Viking" Metal album.

What a fool I am to compare one album with "viking ideas and lyrics" to another! And the nerve of me to dislike one and say the other is better, especially when the thread starter asked if other people have heard the album - I thought it was invitation for discussion when it was clearly just a yes or no question!

Doomsword are great, I almost bought the new album yesterday, but went with Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead isntead. :p

The first Doomsword album is great too. Kinda sloppy compared to the other and the LOTR-samples are not top notch but its still worth buying (which I haven't gotten around to do yet either. =( ).

The first Doomsword album is great too. Kinda sloppy compared to the other and the LOTR-samples are not top notch but its still worth buying (which I haven't gotten around to do yet either. =( ).

The first Doomsword album is still their best IMO.

I haven't listened the new one yet, but I am 100% sure that will be as great as their previous works.

I fucking love Doomsword. It's important (to me) that there is at least one new(ish) traditional metal band that isn't trying to be "ironic" and actually produces quality releases. Doomsword, gentle reader, is that band.

There are a lot of new(ish) traditional metal bands that aren't trying to be "ironic" and actually produce quality releases.

Holy Martyr
Battle Ram
Battleroar
Icy Steel
The Lord Weird Slough Feg (though they're old(ish) at this point)
Ironsword
Ritual Steel

Lots more tomorrow, I'm out for the night. I'll even throw in tons of Doom.

Holy Martyr
Battle Ram
Battleroar
Icy Steel
The Lord Weird Slough Feg (though they're old(ish) at this point)
Ironsword
Ritual Steel

+

Crescent Shield
Cage
Crystal Viper
Ignitor
Overlorde
Antiquus
Crystal Tears
Atlantean Kodex
Wretch (they are old too, but the released material just last year)
Marauder
Dragon's Lair

To name a few more.