Dormant Forum

Hen Act

...Dropping En
Feb 26, 2004
N. Reading, MA
Seem's like this thing has gone sorta cold, so I'll start off something new with this. Hen Act just bought Time Lost on Amazon, so I should have it in about a week and will give my complete and definitive review anon. And can finally complete my best-track-by-album thread (how sad is it that some arrogant guy thought he could give a best track analysis when he didn't own all the albums). The reviews on Amazon are so good, I assume the reviewers are Ted, Doug, and Ed (which one is Lord Chimp???) So before I have the absolute end-all, correct, and non-arguable review of TIME LOST...Anyone wanna take a shot...Seems like a reasonable amount of fodder for a thread...

StocktontoMalone said:
I'll have to put in my vote for the 10+ min track - INTERACT...

Hands down the best track on the Cd.....:worship:
HELL yes. :hotjump:

Love INTERACT and my fav too.
Under The Sun is awesome and definitely a big a fan fav but I always have to go with Interact - Mettleman is great too and Standing Ground (We'll never sell our souls..) and New Moon are my tops ones.

DT Jesus said:
Ha, one of those reviews was mine. As for "Interact", I'd say it's the 5th best song on the 7-song CD. :)

-matt
np: Marillion - This Strange Engine

Brush with greatness!!! An actual reviewer!!! We'll just see how great Interact is when Hen Act gives the definitive review, I guess. From first to fifth in the voting...wow. BTW This Strange Engine is one of the best Marillion tunes (and prog tunes for that matter) of all time--incredible ending!!!

I noticed that after the big show adrenaline rush was over this place slowed down quite a bit. You would think people would be recovered by now.

As far as Time Lost goes, Blind Sided is my favorite, but as usual, it's just a marginal lead over all the others. It's a very good album.

Hen Act has received Time Lost.

One Word -- Killer.

One Problem -- Best Track -- WORDS (an instrumental at the end of the disc, and I fear only available on my "special edition"). It is like an early form of progtology, but WAY TOO SHORT.

Not enough time to review the rest but I am pretty sure I will be buying all of the future "special editions" just in case I might miss one track that RULES.

BTW, Interact IS quite impressive...

The Stormbringer said:
Yeah, "Words" is pretty cool, really Rush-esque. Nice to hear Paul run wild on the base drum as well. :D
I think Words is all Doug.

I agree Words kicks booty. Would be perfect for like a movie soundtrack, commercial, something like that.

i remember Doug saying that 'Words' was actually done with a drum machine. i know----that double bass drumming!-----sorry to blow paul's cover :) , but the song nonetheless kicks tush.

so speaking of instrumentals, well sort of, ' Mettle Man' is one of the greatest things i've ever heard. talk about moving, empowering, enthralling. apparently it was inspired by the futuristic sci-fi flic "Light Years" .

But my fave on the album is INTERACT.
i think Doug asks in the liner notes if the song "works" or not-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------R U kidding :confused: >>>>>>its pure genius.