DOWN ON TOUR!

distortlyfe

New Metal Member
Jul 10, 2008
has anyone ever seen down live before? I am(was) a huge Pantera fan, and want to go see this once "side project". the videos on their site are kinda hard to get a feel for their live show. what do you guys think of em?

They're amazing live, went to see them in Dublin recently.

Irish crowds have a habit of singing olé olé olé between songs. On this occasion, Pepper figured it out quickly on guitar and the drummer joined in and there was a big impromptu jam session between the band and the crowd. Classic.

i saw em on tour in 06 on the UK evening with down,

phils voice is really good again live and he still is the best frontman, hes so quick witted with the crowd and they have some amazing energy live, deffo one of my favs these days!!!

+1

then afew weeks after i saw them at download. very good times!

I caught them playing on the second stage at Ozz fest about seven years ago. They sounded really good. Down's first cd rules big time.

i saw em on tour in 06 on the UK evening with down,

phils voice is really good again live and he still is the best frontman, hes so quick witted with the crowd and they have some amazing energy live, deffo one of my favs these days!!!

I saw that tour too, amazing energy and power. Phil is definitely the best metal frontman.

Which gig were you at?

My band is thinking of covering "Ghosts Along the Mississippi." :worship:

We have been searching for a singer similar to Phil w/ Down. It has been a tough road!

-Joe

so do you guys think it would be worth paying for the VIP tix? I've never done it before, but if they're that good, I would LOVE to meet phil!!!! either way, i guess I'll go check them out.... though they don't play near me for a while :(

My band is thinking of covering "Ghosts Along the Mississippi." :worship:

We have been searching for a singer similar to Phil w/ Down. It has been a tough road!

-Joe

have fun........i've never heard a good imitation of phil. The drummer in my band can get close sometimes, but it still doesn't have the feeling that phil has

have fun........i've never heard a good imitation of phil. The drummer in my band can get close sometimes, but it still doesn't have the feeling that phil has

Yep, it is going to be tough. We don't want someone exactly like Phil obviously, but someone with the same attitude that has a really powerful and raspy tone to their voice.

-Joe

seen them with heaven and hell. they played some of there older tunes from nola and a couple newer ones. they kicked ass big time. I smoked mad ganga in the pit! and met eyes and exchanged horns with phil. my buddy tossed him a dube. good times!

do it, Down kicks more ass live than most bands you'll ever see

Was this directed at me? If so, I just bought them... heading in early for sound check, and I get to meet the band. Luckily since they're still playing clubs and what not, it didn't break the bank.

So stoked!! started listening to the melvins too, it's gonna be a great show.

I just saw them last night here in Fargo, ND. Awesome show. It sounded great and everybody was totally on. Phil was in top form. He was drinking water. After the show Pepper and the dudes from Weedeater came to the local bar/venue where I do sound at so I got to talk to them a bit. Everybody was really cool.