download new "Headcrusher" Megadeth track today!

You know, I've been pretty depressed over the past few days regarding my band and stuff. I felt as if I was loosing the "juice". This song just rejuvenated the shit out of me - one of the best Megadeth songs I've heard in a while. IMO this album has the best guitar tone Andy Sneap has ever produced. Is this the Marshall cab? From 2:00 the song simply rapes. But honestly, a song of this quality definitely deserves to be at least 5 minutes long. All in all, it is way old-school than I had expected. I can't really agree on the fact that it sounds similar to UA. I remember reading in some interview of Dave Mustaine that he thinks this is the best Megadeth album he's ever worked on after Rust In Peace. Back then I thought it was a publicity stunt. Well, what I thought was wrong.
:devil:

Oh yes, I thought I'd say this. I don't really know why I feel that the drums could be a little more 'noticeable'. It is 5:08am right now. I'm very tired.

Cheers!

This might end up being a grower but my initial thoughts are that I find Headcrusher to be a pretty unmemorable track in comparison to the good ole days. :(

I have a JVM 410/Mesa"oversize" Cab combo. It is pretty awesome. I recognized the JVM pretty fast on this mega track. That DM sig Cab sounds like a perfect match for the JVM too, just like the Mesa Cab. I wonder how they'd compare side by side.

The JVM rules.

In a good way? :guh: I will say no more...

:lol: I understand that the album is 'hard to eat' due what we got from them back in the 80s. But seriously, I prefer DM more than anything after the Black Album.

I have a JVM 410/Mesa"oversize" Cab combo. It is pretty awesome. I recognized the JVM pretty fast on this mega track. That DM sig Cab sounds like a perfect match for the JVM too, just like the Mesa Cab. I wonder how they'd compare side by side.

The JVM rules.
That JVM 4100 - is it the same as the JVM 410H mentioned in the Marshall site? I can't see JVM 4100 there:yell: Is it out of production?
Excuse me for my ignorance regarding Marshall Amps. They are surely under-rated.

:lol: I understand that the album is 'hard to eat' due what we got from them back in the 80s. But seriously, I prefer DM more than anything after the Black Album.

That JVM 4100 - is it the same as the JVM 410H mentioned in the Marshall site? I can't see JVM 4100 there:yell: Is it out of production?
Excuse me for my ignorance regarding Marshall Amps. They are surely under-rated.

Im sure Andy just accidentally typed 4100. There is no JVM 4100. Just the 410H and the other models. There is a JCM 900 (4100) series amp reissue, but that amp in no way resembles the sound of the JVM in terms of gain stage.

The 410H or 210H is the way to go, if you are after scorching metal tone in a Marshall straight out of the box.

Amazing mix, this is up there with my favorite metal mixes for sure, a very classic-style Megadeth tune with a fantastic solo, very much looking forward to the album!

PS - I'm glad it's not anything like "Crush Em" ;)

Last edited by a moderator: