download new "Headcrusher" Megadeth track today!

Andy,

Any reason why you skipped out on the D6 on the Kick? I have to admit while I like it alot, I sometimes finds it kind of paints me in a corner especially in the high end, meaning it's not as moldable as other kick drum mics...even though they don't sound as good as the D6 at first.

Also, those Toms sound killer and I love the vibe on the whole record. Can't wait to pick up my copy and get a better listen. With the new testament and this one....I'm loving the results your getting on your newest records! I just have to make sure the bands i'm working with don't hear it over my monitors while i'm working on their stuff..lol.

In a good way? :guh: I will say no more...

In a good way.

I'd put Death Magnetic in my top 3 'tallica albums with Justice and Black.

....and before everyone shoots me in flames yeah some of their best tracks are from ride, puppets and kill 'em all.....but as albums I find it impossible to listen them to from beginning to end unlike my top 3.

here you go, it is on the orange channel even tho it looks red.
Mustaine sig cab, 1 x 57, tubescreamer and gate.

CIMG0709.jpg

CIMG0710.jpg

When I said it sounded like UA I meant composition-wise.

It is true that UA album was a cool come back for Megadeth, but I still miss the old school stuff. When I grab my guitar and play along with "Angry Again", "Prince of Darkness", etc I think "damn, these riff are cool!". Their new songs are better than the previous stuff they've been doing, but they don't do the same for me and feel like done with a "formula". I miss that essence that made Megadeth unique.

but thats just me, even their lamest stuff is better than anything I've ever done :p

you say Prince of darkness and angry again are old-school megadeth songs? or am I getting it wrong?

In a good way.

I'd put Death Magnetic in my top 3 'tallica albums with Justice and Black.

....and before everyone shoots me in flames yeah some of their best tracks are from ride, puppets and kill 'em all.....but as albums I find it impossible to listen them to from beginning to end unlike my top 3.

won't save you from getting shot in flames, you know. If your favorite are black album, deaf magnetic and justice, and can't listen to master or ride the lightning as a whole, you fail as a metallica fan. Master and ride the lightning to me are true classic great awesome perfect albums from beginning to end, all killer no filler. Justice can get boring after a while, some tracks can be considered filler and the production is pretty bad. Black album is great though, production-wise it's brilliant, and all songs are pretty good. Death magnetic is just a silly attempt to go back to thrash metal because they got so much shit after st bullshit. It isn't a bad album, but I haven't gotten through listening it completely yet, bores me a lot. also took me a while to listen to st anger completely, and only done it like once or twice in my life.

won't save you from getting shot in flames, you know. If your favorite are black album, deaf magnetic and justice, and can't listen to master or ride the lightning as a whole, you fail as a metallica fan. Master and ride the lightning to me are true classic great awesome perfect albums from beginning to end, all killer no filler.

oh_rly.jpg

I'm sure Jaymez, Larz, Kirkz and Robz will piss on my grave for my pathetic attempt at being a 'tallica fan for the last 17 years. :lol:

Sorry, but the mix on those albums make it a pain to listen to for me.......I get lost in the reeeeeeeeeeverb. I honestly prefer to hear the tracks from that era being played live ;)

Sorry, but the mix on those albums make it a pain to listen to for me.......I get lost in the reeeeeeeeeeverb. I honestly prefer to hear the tracks from that era being played live ;)

im somewhat the same, my fav tallica albums are deffo justice, master, kill em all, black album and reload, but i only really listen to the studio albums of reload,garage inc and black album these days purely caus the mix, and tend to leave the other songs to live releases mixed by randy.

Well it goes back to the "Which is better?" Good song with a shitty mix or a shitty song with a good mix. I know which id take.