Downtown 11/12/03

Platinum Maze

Random Star
Feb 21, 2003
Oakland, NJ
Simple question for anyone who's been to this venue before...What time do you think Symphony X will go on next Wednesday? I'm driving from Rockland County, and I can't leave til about 7pm, and I don't want to miss any of Symphony X. I saw that the show starts (or doors open) at 7:30. I'm hoping to arrive there by 8:30. Are there any bands before Devin Townsend?

Any info will help, although I'm going regardless. :D

If you get there by 8:30 you'll be fine. SymphonyX probably won't go on until sometime around 9:30 or 10. When I saw them in Cleveland they had Seven Witches open for them. The doors opened at 7 and SyX didn't start until 10.

Platinum Maze said:
Simple question for anyone who's been to this venue before...What time do you think Symphony X will go on next Wednesday? I'm driving from Rockland County, and I can't leave til about 7pm, and I don't want to miss any of Symphony X. I saw that the show starts (or doors open) at 7:30. I'm hoping to arrive there by 8:30. Are there any bands before Devin Townsend?
Platinum Maze said:
Any info will help, although I'm going regardless. :D

According to the club's website (http://www.thedowntown.com), doors open at 7:30, and there are two opening bands before DTB - Stryk-9 & Dividing Light. Since I've personally never been to this club before, I have no idea how they run things, so I won't venture to guess what time SX will hit the stage. Your 8:30 arrival sounds like you should have plenty of time, though. :)

See you there. I'll be the redhead with the camera.

~Christina

I'm looking forward to seeing a decent turnout for this show.

A bunch of us in the area will be seeing King Diamond there tomorrow night.

The crowd and performance at King Diamond (& Entombed) was excellent last night. I'm really looking forward to Wednesday now.

I was wondering the same thing about the start time. I saw someone on the Mike Portnoy board said that they wouldn't go on until 10:30 or 11 at the earliest. I hope this is not accurate as I have about a 2 hour drive home after the show. Oh well, at least I took Thursday and Friday off. So how long would you guys think that Symphony X will play for? It's my first time seeing them and I can't freaking wait!!!!

im guessing around 80 min. dude, youre gonna love it, provided sound is good. but it's the downtown, sound should not be a problem.

Man I was hoping they'd play longer than that. :erk: Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and see. Regardless, I have no doubt I will love the show. And I'm very happy about what I have been reading about the sound at this place.

Demonspell said:
Looking forward to tonight...if anyone wants to speak to me, I'll be wearing an Odyssey tour shirt autographed by Russ and Mike P.

I'm probably gonna be first on line. Wearin all black, my leather jacket, an Yngwie shirt. Long hair and glasses. Look for me ;)