Dr Who

Dec 25, 2004
Why is there no Dr Who thread on here? How fantastic was that series?

I think I want to have Christopher Eccleston's love child. His Doctor characterisation was just brilliant. Billie Piper was surprisingly excellent as Rose too. An all-round great series. I can't wait for the next one.

Not yet Bucko, but it will be shortly, I believe.

I loved the series. I watched the first one on a downloaded disk, and couldn't wait for the others, so I downloaded them all the day after they aired in England.

The last two episodes were the best of the lot.

It was great. Awesome series :headbang: My only gripe with it was too much of it was set in london around present day or associated with earth. They needed more odd alien worlds and aliens wearing painted bubble wrap and the like!

I wonder what the new fella will be like.

The box set will be out in Australia on December 1st, leaving me in no doubt as to what I'd like for Christmas :headbang:.

Bloody brilliant from start to finish. It was "fantastic" (as Mr. Eccleston would say) to see my childhood hero back on TV for the first proper series in fifteen years. To have it do so well in the ratings was an added bonus :).

For those who didn't know, there are at least two more seasons on the way and two Christmas specials, all with David Tennant in the lead role.

The official site is www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho but you can find a lot more info at www.gallifreyone.com

Moony, I hope you've been watching DW with your son and thus encouraging him to grow up the right way. I've heard stories of kids in playgrounds doing Dalek voices and pretending to unzip the top of their heads so they can be Slitheen. It warms the ol' heart, it really does.

Excuse me, I have something in my eye...

W

So did anyone else get a wee bit teary when the ol doc changed into the new dude ?

sniff...sob...

Bille Piper = yum yum

lol

"So did anyone else get a wee bit teary when the ol doc changed into the new dude?"

Nah. Knew it was coming :). If the BBC hadn't let slip that our Chris was leaving mere weeks after the first episode went to air, it would have been more of a surprise.

"Billie Piper = yum yum"

You're enjoying the Canterbury Tales too then, are you? ;)

Billie's quite eye candylicious, or so I thought until last night's New Tricks reminded me how fond I am of Amanda Redman. She might be twenty years older than me, but still... phwoooaar, eh?

W

*canterbury tales* is that the one that was on last night, where she is hooked up with that old guy and the *producer* dude was hot for her ? I watched about half an hour of that show, seemed ok.. saw her in those sexy knicers and bra... yeah yum yum - lol

I didnt see the end of it, can you tell me was the producer a con man, he came across that way, seemed to have everyone wrapped around his finger..

I saw the bit where he kissed her in the hallway, she looks like a good kisser :loco:

I dunno what it is about her, she seems *real*, like almost a normal person and not a stick insect atypical Model type of hollywood star... :)

I find her very appealing :Spin:

Wrathy, Amanda Redman? *shudders* not really a point about her looks but god I can't stand her as an actor, not sure why either, because she isn't bad.

Los4: I don't know, I didn't watch it :). I just knew Billie Piper was in it because of my obsessive appetite for Dr. Who trivia.

Stonewall: I'm not sure why I latched onto Amanda Redman either, but you can't fight these things...

W

Oh that's Amanda Redman (just did a google images search...). Did anyone else watch At Home With the Braithwaites. I must say, she is a bit of a milf.

Oh, right. I could see that.

If I had my way, people would still speak English the way they did in the seventeenth century and "wench" would be a catch all description :).

Now if I may excused, fellows, I fear I must return to my labours ere lunch, lest the day should vanish with ill-considered haste.

W