DRAGONFORCE sells out CBGB's in one day!

I don't think it has much to do with the venue. Its NYC.

chrisrules895 said:
I don't think it has much to do with the venue. Its NYC.
Still in all, to think DRAGONFORCE had the power to sell out a venue anywhere in the States is still surprising to me. Hopefully it's a small start of bigger things to come. I'm very happy for them. I like Dragonforce a lot.

Wow; that blows! How is one to figure that Dragonforce would sell a show out in the U.S.; even if the place held 50 people. I'm shocked and shocked without a ticket:cry: If someone can't make it and needs to get rid of a ticket, please send me a private message.

I wish I could go in this show so much!!!!! It's a few days after my birthday. It would have been one HELL of a show. :( Lucky NYC!!

I can't believe this show sold out so fast. I was seriously considering taking a road trip to see this, but I guess not now, haha! Cheers to anyone who is lucky enough to see this show.

I just cant get into this band. They are such a 1 trick pony to my ears. Every songs a gazillion miles an hour.

IMO they have nothing thats memorable. Hell I heard the new one, and gee what a surprise.......every song a million miles an hour.

Not a bad thing but when every song has the same drive, and beat, and similiar melodies, it just comes off way to bland for my tastes.

CBGB & Omfug
315 Bowery St.
New-York, NY, 10003
Phone: 212-982-4052 Fax:
Underground rock venue started by Hilly Kristal in 1973, featured many great acts such as Blondie and The Ramones.
Booking shows: demo/audition night
Site: read history, photos, online store, cybercast schedule.
P.A. available, capacity: 350
Contact: Louise Parnassa Email: webmaster@cbgb.com Url: http://www.cbgb.com

DrumRman said:
I just cant get into this band. They are such a 1 trick pony to my ears. Every songs a gazillion miles an hour.

IMO they have nothing thats memorable. Hell I heard the new one, and gee what a surprise.......every song a million miles an hour.

Not a bad thing but when every song has the same drive, and beat, and similiar melodies, it just comes off way to bland for my tastes.

Exactly...........:zzz:

As I've said before, I don't hate them, but I'm not totally in love with them either. Loved Valley of the Damned, wasn't overly impressed with Sonic Firestorm.

They're the band that if they played PPVII, I'd love to see them, but I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't play.

Either way, selling out that venue doesn't suprise me in the least.

-Metal

I was planning on going to this show. Not a huge DF fan, but I figured this would be a good show. It sounds like the promoter underestimated the band's drawing power. Shame. There are a lot of great venues in NYC, that could have accomodated everyone who wanted to see this show.

Zod