DragonForce to play on Ozzfest's Main Stage!

Bryan316 said:
I don't think I'd criticize Roadrunner's business decisions. They know their shit. Yeah, people give them flak for pushing Type O Negative so hard and neglecting quite a few bands on their roster. But then again... why not be as good of a band as TON was?

Roadrunner knows their shit.

Unfortunately I gotta go near the second stage cuz they assemble it right next to the entrance gates. You're exposed by default!

Closet metalcore fan? Shit no! I'm bringing two shirts... my Dragonforce shirt, and my MAIDEN shirt! I'll just swap to my DF shirt for their set, and wear the Maiden shirt for the rest of the day. Just to piss people off. :heh:

Well, I wasn't being too serious or anything.
I dunno, I always thought that booing bands just makes you look like a moron. Sure, we all have done it.
I don't think I ever gave any band as much shit as I did (along with many others) when Bleeding Through opened for the Haunted a few years back.

Jasonic said:
Well, I wasn't being too serious or anything.
I dunno, I always thought that booing bands just makes you look like a moron. Sure, we all have done it.
I don't think I ever gave any band as much shit as I did (along with many others) when Bleeding Through opened for the Haunted a few years back.

Last year, I wasn't too pissed at any of the bands, except when Jada Pinkett thought she was metal. And I wasn't the only one in that crowd who thought it as well! There was tons of boos for her. And one other band, but I can't remember who they were. Which says a lot about those bands. HAH! Cheap shot!

We booed the unholy hell outta Black Dahlia Murder when they played before Symphony X and Blind Guardian. Ahh, good times...

But to be serious, I don't think I really boo bands that much, unless they flat out suck, or start ragging the audience or acting like divas on stage. Like Protest The Hero at the Cleveland show. Gawd, did they ever piss off that audience with their back talk.

7thSaviour said:
I hate Korn and Adema because theypiss off the fans of other bhe bill with them. Chavez and Davis had betta recognize!

Hrmmm..
I thought I had an open mind about music.
You might top everyone by mentioning Rhapsody and Manowar in the same day as mentioning Korn and Adema (Not sure who this is)

Harvester said:
"Buy-on" and "paid" are two different things. A "Buy-on" is simply a fee paid up front by the label to secure the spot on the roster. The artist still gets paid per performance based on slotting, etc.
Interesting.

Harvester said:
I also agree that Zombie, etc did not require a "buy-on." However, I do believe their was some under the table arrangments between Sharon & Roadrunner in terms of Dragonforce getting the mainstage.
I have no doubt.

Harvester said:
In terms of our circles, Blind Guardian probably has the most expensive buy-on for their European tour by far.
Not surprising. As I heard it, they pulled all sorts of chicanery on their first US tour, including booking local bands, having them sell a lot of tickets, and then booting them off the bill. I know this happened to Aska, and I heard it happened to others as well.

Zod

eaeolian said:
Agreed. I don't like a lot of what RR puts out, but they *do* generally handle it pretty well from a marketing aspect.
Yep. If I was in a band, and RR was one of the labels wanting to sign us, they'd probably be who I'd sign with. Say what you will about their roster, they promote the shit out of their artists.

Zod

7thSaviour said:
Roadrunner is a decent label, kinda like Wind-Up in some respects.

While Wind-Up has the ability to promote some of their artists, I have heard a few bad things about their policies from the artists on their label. Such as telling people in a band not to go on an online forum which they have frequented since before they ever joined the label. This was the only thing brought up among a number of issues. There were a few other things going on that were strong enough for one guy to tell another guy working on getting his band signed that he highly recommended not ever going with Wind Up.

Jasonic said:
Hrmmm..
I thought I had an open mind about music.
You might top everyone by mentioning Rhapsody and Manowar in the same day as mentioning Korn and Adema (Not sure who this is)
I've seen them all play live. I love hard music, but Korn and Adema are very vocally abusive to the audience, especially to those who won't stand up and jump around during the whole show. The singer of Adema is the younger half-brother of Davis of Korn. Apparently bad manners and foul mouths run in their family.:lol: :puke:

Jibrille said:
While Wind-Up has the ability to promote some of their artists, I have heard a few bad things about their policies from the artists on their label. Such as telling people in a band not to go on an online forum which they have frequented since before they ever joined the label. This was the only thing brought up among a number of issues. There were a few other things going on that were strong enough for one guy to tell another guy working on getting his band signed that he highly recommended not ever going with Wind Up.
Interesting. Thanks. Well, without them, we'd probably have never heard the likes of Creed and Evanescence, which for many of you would've been OK, right?:lol:

I was pissed when i found out that DF canceled there SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND date in POUGHKEEPSIE,NY. Then checked the OZZFEST page and seen them added. IN FLAMES was great at last years festival, and they also gave sometime to get over there after ROB ZOMBIE. I will be attending the Randell's Island date, all open air festival, will be fucking great.:headbang:

DRAGONFORCE: Performance/Interview Video Posted Online - May 22, 2006

Blender.com just posted a two-part video interview with DRAGONFORCE guitarist Herman Li. Watch as he pulls off unimaginable sound effects and is interviewed alongside fellow guitar wizard Sam Totman — then read more about the group and their forthcoming Roadrunner album, "Inhuman Rampage", by clicking here.

DRAGONFORCE have been confirmed for the main stage at this year's Ozzest, which is set to kick off June 29 in Auburn, Washington. The band's third album, "Inhuman Rampage", which was issued in Europe four months back, will receive a U.S. release on June 20 via Roadrunner