Dream Evil show

Dream Evil were excellent very polished but short show only play an hour the drummer was very weird Falconer played very well but seem to be finidng their feet thought the new singer did a good job. The singer in shadow keep wasnt that good he wasnt that audible.

Hawkmoon said:
Dream Evil were excellent very polished but short show only play an hour the drummer was very weird Falconer played very well but seem to be finidng their feet thought the new singer did a good job. The singer in shadow keep wasnt that good he wasnt that audible.

I agree & Disagree.

Descent: Crap!

Shadow Keep: I thought they did really well. They certainly had the best sound on the bill. I thought the new singer has an excellent range and did a very good job although he did seem a little nervous. Hopefully Shadow Keep will pick up a bit of momentum now they finally seem to have a stable line up.

Falconer: I love these guys. Their new singer is a splendid front man and a natural comedien. I thought the set was very good but I know they had a few technical probs. The stuff from the new albums sounds very promising - 'HAIL'. I think they may just have been my fave band of the night.

Dream Evil: Excellent but short set. Gus G is one hell of a player. The thing that impressed me mostl was the crowd interaction and sheer enjoyment factor 'MADE OF METAL'. Also was I right in hearing them saying they're releasing a single in the UK? I probably imagined that bit due to wishfull thinking.

Also it was brilliant to bump into Shayne, Gav and Patrick again. You guys rule! And yet again also brilliant to finally meet Tet .

Hopefully Shadow Keep will pick up a bit of momentum now they finally seem to have a stable line up.
Unfortunately not mate..emailed Chris and Nikki this week (was going to the show but couldn't make it in the end ) they've already sacked their new drummer previous to the show due to the amount of time he was spending on the DF stuff...as well as playing Bloodstock he's apparently doing their new album too...so SK sacked him and had ex drummer Scott stand in for their few UK shows...

It's tough getting a full line up with a limited number of muso's ..believe me...

sean-intense said:
It's tough getting a full line up with a limited number of muso's ..believe me...

...tell me about it mate..! Are INTENSE the only all English power metal band ? Is there anyone else ??

PQ - Italy, New Zealand, Wales
SK - England/USA
MR - England/France
DF - The 'Chelsea' of the British PM scene

Slightly worrying...

btw - who were 'Descent' at the Underworld show ?

Yes we are the ONLY all English line up ..... how mad is that eh?
The land from where Heavy Metal was born....
Btw i think SK new bass player is Italian..not 100% on that but i know he's not English

Volcane said:
...tell me about it mate..! Are INTENSE the only all English power metal band ? Is there anyone else ??

PQ - Italy, New Zealand, Wales
SK - England/USA
MR - England/France
DF - The 'Chelsea' of the British PM scene

Slightly worrying...

btw - who were 'Descent' at the Underworld show ?

I' m working on getting Sonia 'naturalised' :D

Well some problems prevented my arrival until Dream Evil were already on stage. I really bought a ticket to see Falconer, but I wanted to see the new SK line-up in action too.

Dream Evil were pleasant enough, but nothing great.

It was good to see a decent crowd there, even if I only bumped into a few people that I knew ...

This was a great show all the bands rocked. Descent were just different to the rest of the bill, I thought they did what they did well.
Shadow Keep were excellent and the singer was cool.
I was impressedwith Falconer and the new vocalist, I was lucky enough to see them with Mathais Blad and was eager to see how they would fare this time round and they did not dissapoint. Karl is much more of a showman than Mathais and as someone else has already said a comedian as well.
Dream Evil put on a great show it was just too short a set, Snowy sure is a wacky guy but then aren't all drummers? And yes there definately was mention of a single, I'm sure it was Children Of The Night. :headbang:

I missed Descent, thought Shadowkeep were OK (although a definite improvement on their first vocalist). Falconer ruled, and for me were clearly the band of the night. Like many, I was wary of seeing them without Mathias, but I needn't have worried. Dream Evil were good, but somewhat disappointing for me following the awesome Falconer set. The wierdest thing about this gig, though, was the review it got in Kerrap! They forgot to mention Falconer at all, but did claim that Dream Evil were excellent and that it showed metal had a lot to offer before people started wearing backpacks and acting like cunts (their words, not mine!). Not at all what I expected to see....