Dream Evil

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
DREAM EVIL Set U.S. Release Date For 'The Book Of Heavy Metal' - Apr. 23, 2004

DREAM EVIL — the Swedish band featuring acclaimed producer Fredrik Nordström (HAMMERFALL, IN FLAMES, DIMMU BORGIR, SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, etc.), drummer Snowy Shaw (KING DIAMOND, MERCYFUL FATE, MEMENTO MORI, NOTRE DAME), and guitarist Gus G. (MYSTIC PROPHECY, NIGHTRAGE) — have set a July 13 U.S. release date through Century Media Records for their third album, "The Book Of Heavy Metal". The European release is scheduled for May 24.

The follow-up to last year's "Evilized", "The Book Of Heavy Metal" was recorded at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg, Sweden and features special guest appearances by ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN keyboardist Mats Olausson (on the songs "Into The Moonlight", "Crusaders' Anthem", "Chosen Twice" and "Unbreakable Chain") and former HALFORD/current PAINMUSEUM guitarist "Metal" Mike Chlasciak. A single, "The First Chapter", will precede the album on April 26, featuring exclusive and unreleased material. "The Book Of Heavy Metal" will also be released in a limited-edition double-digipak version, featuring a 60-minute bonus DVD with live and behind-the-scenes (making of) footage.

Commented Gus G.: "We are all very excited about our third release, 'cause we simply believe that it’s our best effort to date. We worked very hard on the new album, and I think it sums up the DREAM EVIL sound better than ever! I hope we will make it to the U.S. sometime soon and play for all u crazy metalheads!!!"

DREAM EVIL recently completed work on a "bombastic" video for the song "The Book Of Heavy Metal" with Swedish director Patric Ullaeus of Revolver Film Company (IN FLAMES, DIMMU BORGIR, LACUNA COIL, WITHIN TEMPTATION, PASSENGER).

What you mean Apr 23? Tomorrow?

FUCK I need to order it:OMG:

They are freaking great, but man do they shoot out albums pretty quick, it seems like it was only last year that Evilized came out and maybe a year or 2 before that the first disc came out. No matter, they are a talented band. If you were gonna be in metal would you call yourself "snowy?" I know I wouldn't, maybe Blizzard, but not snowy.

IcedMadness said:
They are freaking great, but man do they shoot out albums pretty quick, it seems like it was only last year that Evilized came out and maybe a year or 2 before that the first disc came out. No matter, they are a talented band. If you were gonna be in metal would you call yourself "snowy?" I know I wouldn't, maybe Blizzard, but not snowy.
a) In the good old days bands put album every year in the market. So I'm delighted with Dream Evil approach.

b) Snowy Shaw (and let's notforget Snowy White of Thin Lizzy, David Gilmour, etc.) is an institution in metal. Drummer for King Diamond, Memento Mori, Dream Evil, Illwill, Notre Dame, Mercyful Fate, besides being composer, lyricist and a funny guy.

Isn't Gus G. also in Firewine or Dragonforce one of those???? I did not know they had Snowy Shaw , I have never heard Dream Evil but when I order cd's online, I see people that bought this cd bought this..blah, , always wanted to hear em. Everytime I see the name I can't get Dio out of head.

Yes. Gus G in is there too, as well as Fredrik Nordström which makes wonders in the production, composition and playing.

Two albums is a row and both flawless, always making my top ten each year. I hope they still have fuel left :lol:

Downloaded a copy of BoHM and have listened to about half of it... kicks butt! The song "Let's Make Rock" is total Accept (minus the vocals). The drum intro is "Balls To the Wall" hit for hit. I'll be picking up a real copy of this as soon as I find it!

Greeno said:
Downloaded a copy of BoHM and have listened to about half of it... kicks butt! The song "Let's Make Rock" is total Accept (minus the vocals). The drum intro is "Balls To the Wall" hit for hit. I'll be picking up a real copy of this as soon as I find it!
Damn Greeno, where in Hell do you got it? Pass the link for cryin' out loud! o_O

Wyvern said:
Damn Greeno, where in Hell do you got it? Pass the link for cryin' out loud! o_O

Grabbed a copy off of Soul Seek. :) I'll put that one song on my page so you can download it... give me a couple minutes.

Greeno said:
Grabbed a copy off of Soul Seek. :) I'll put that one song on my page so you can download it... give me a couple minutes.
Long live Greeno (give me your page addy too :D )

Yap does remind me a bit of Accept, until the singer hits and I'm relief I don't have to hear Udo screeching :lol:

The song kick ass, pure by-the-book true heavy metal. It reminds me a lot of the spirit of 'Made Of Metal' from their previous effort. Also have a certain KISS vibe but in a good sense, and the guitar solo is quite cool. The end has some Saxon, Judas Priest feeling. Wow, I hope this is the "bad" song o the album :D

Thanks Greeno, now I have to sit down tight and wait for the damn album! :bah:

I'd rather have Gus G. working on a new Firewind album (kickass band!) than playing in Dream Evil's flower metal team... the first album had some good songs but the second one was a major let down and they're still too close to Hammerfall/Nocturnal Rites to me.
Not that I don't like these bands, I do, but I feel that Dream Evil don't add anything special and are less inspired.