Dream Theater 2014 Tour - Who's Opening?

Wow that's cool. I remember in an interview they said they wouldn't be doing evening withs anymore because they were too taxing on the band and were something only Portnoy pushed for.

Sucks this is the same night as Ragnarokkr. However, I might be able to pull off the Milwaukee show; problem is that's up against Iced Earth. Decisions, decisions...

Kind of strange...TicketMaster is showing some dates that aren't listed on DT's website. Specifically 4/14 in Seattle which is a possibility for me. And TM/LN is NOT listing 4/15 in Salem which is a much shorter drive. Hmm....

I wonder if the setlist will be changing. I always liked that about them, though it seems it was more Portnoy's thing.

Sucks this is the same night as Ragnarokkr. However, I might be able to pull off the Milwaukee show; problem is that's up against Iced Earth. Decisions, decisions...

It's like someone is conspiring against Ragnarokkr.. two national tours the same night to compete with the festival?

*sigh*
Apparently yet again nothing within 1000 miles of Fla....

Again? They came to Orlando on their last tour. I'm guessing there will be additional dates or another leg on this touring cycle. The current list has no southern dates at all east of CA. I can't see them skipping that large an area, and I'm guessing we'll see dates added in at least AZ, TX, GA, FL, NC, if not elsewhere.

It does but in reality it's just that March/April is a highly populated time for tours before these bands go to Europe for the festivals.

LOL - Yea, I think the lesson has been learned that booking a festival in the States in spring is suicide, unfortunately........

Well, like Carcass and Iced Earth, a small % of the core Ragnarokkr crowd is realistically interested in Dream Theater. It's just still bad overall, since you lose any fence sitters or casual attendees as a result.

Simon - I would definitely choose Dream Theater over Iced Earth.
Though I suppose it depends on how much into Sabaton and reVamp you are.

I went to one of those "Evening With DT".
Definitely something only for the die hard fans.
Was a bit too much DT for me.

We run into that a lot here in Dallas - from the end of May until early September, the calendar for good prog/power bands tends to get REALLY thin.. there's the occasional death tour, but mostly I switch over to punk shows for the summer months.

LOL - Yea, I think the lesson has been learned that booking a festival in the States in spring is suicide, unfortunately........

Well, like Carcass and Iced Earth, a small % of the core Ragnarokkr crowd is realistically interested in Dream Theater. It's just still bad overall, since you lose any fence sitters or casual attendees as a result.

Simon - I would definitely choose Dream Theater over Iced Earth.
Though I suppose it depends on how much into Sabaton and reVamp you are.

I went to one of those "Evening With DT".
Definitely something only for the die hard fans.
Was a bit too much DT for me.

I'm probably leaning towards DT. I've seen Sabaton enough times and I don't like Revamp. I haven't been able to catch Iced Earth with Stu though.