Dream Theater 2014 Tour - Who's Opening?

Hey TDD (btw remind me of getting your actual name at the elevator this year, lol), how was Labrie's voice in Montreal?

I am 5 days away from NYC and I am absolutely, 100% psyched about the show. I simply can't wait to see them. I haven't seen DT in a few years and can't remember the last time I was this excited to see them.

Too bad shirts are overpriced - but not on the website... :headbang:

I can't believe you forgot my name. :cry: It's Andre.

:lol:

Seriously though. Got my tickets but hoping the schedule works out.

I thought Labrie was in good form. The whole band was just in good spirits. Even when Jordan's keyboard broke. He and his tech worked it out but were all smiles and even patting each other on the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the show last Friday in New York City. Thoughts:

- Fantastic production value; exactly what is to be expected from Dream Theater.

- The band seems to be re-energized. Not sure if it's the new lineup (first time I've seen it) or the new album. They are "on fire".

- James LaBrie was absolutely PERFECT. I mean flawless. I have never seen him do such a terrific job vocally. I've seen bad and good. This was perfect. Especially for a 3 hour set. Nice to see his voice is back in shape.

- Mike Mangini makes all of the drum parts look so easy.

- Ruddess is a monster (nothing new here).

- Setlist didn't impress me at first, but it worked very well. Plus, Awake and SFAM sets. Not the full albums unfortunately, but still. Space Dye Vest. Damn.

- Didn't even bother checking the merch stand - didn't want to feel tempted. :lol:

Great seeing ProgPower peeps and good friends. Hope to see you guys again soon! :)

Great show in Chicago! Spaced Dyed Vest was the highlight of the show for me... never heard it live and this version was awesome. Always thought it would have sounded better if James belted out the ending instead of the more mild way he sang it on the record... and that's exactly what he did live was belt it out... it was awesome... Petrucci also put in a nice tasteful solo at the end... Labrie sounds like he is getting better with age, hats of to him... and besides Joe Satriani, Petrucci has to be the most flawless live guitar player that I have ever seen. Looking back at my ticket stubs DT (14) just surpassed Kiss (13) and DIO (13) for my most seen band live. DT being my Father's favorite band sure has something to do with that :headbang:

Saw them last nite for the first time in three years at The Riverside in Milwaukee, awesome show, awesome light show especially when the lights shined down on the base of Labrie's mic stand and the light beams went into the audience. That was cool. I know that's kind of a dorky thing to bring up but oh well. They played a lot from Awake cause of its 20th ann and also from SFAM. cause of its 10 year ann(all on the encore). My shirt was $35

I was at the Milwaukee show. It was good to see a lot of songs I haven't heard live before. Been wanting to go to one of the evening with's, but I got into them right after they stopped.

My only complaint was the Riverside. Security was way too tight on people taking pictures. Beforehand people said no flash and video, which I understand but I saw other people, myself included have their camera up for maybe 10-15 seconds and security yelling at them. It got really distracting after a while. Did others experience this?

I was at the Milwaukee show. It was good to see a lot of songs I haven't heard live before. Been wanting to go to one of the evening with's, but I got into them right after they stopped.

My only complaint was the Riverside. Security was way too tight on people taking pictures. Beforehand people said no flash and video, which I understand but I saw other people, myself included have their camera up for maybe 10-15 seconds and security yelling at them. It got really distracting after a while. Did others experience this?

Reminds me of PPIX where people taking photos and there was this one volunteer type getting agitated. Every time he told someone off, another guy in the seats would whip out a camera. He was a real trooper but more distracting than the offenders. Up the aisle with an angry face. Down the aisle with an angrier face.

37885.jpg

Amazing Blu ray :headbang: