Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events

The title is awful... could't be more literal and predictable... Let's hope the music is good and good luck to them.

I respect DT for their talents and accomplishments, but gees, I hope this album doesnt have reworked and regurgitated melody lines and songs. - ( No Offense to the hard core fans. )

They could have used one of the names of the songs to change it up but they never seem to do that. Anyways I am really looking forward to hearing what they sound like with Mangini.

Bear

I love how the moment a chance is presented for a jab to be taken at Dream Theater, some people jump right on it. There's nothing wrong with the album title. Predictable? Sure. So what?

The funny thing is that if a band like Sabaton names their new album "GLORIOUS BATTLE" or "WAR OF THE CENTURY" people will think it's the greatest thing since slice bread...

Back to DT, looking forward to the release!

I love how the moment a chance is presented for a jab to be taken at Dream Theater, some people jump right on it. There's nothing wrong with the album title. Predictable? Sure. So what?

+1

They should have called it, "We are still the #1 Prog Metal Band in the World so the Haters Can Suck It."

I'm intrigued that there are nine tracks, which unless it is a double cd, suggests they may be moving away from putting several 14 minute epic songs on each album.

The funny thing is that if a band like Sabaton names their new album "GLORIOUS BATTLE" or "WAR OF THE CENTURY" people will think it's the greatest thing since slice bread...

+2

I agree with those who criticized the title... Not for being predictable (it can be predictable and good at the same time), but it's really literal and blah. Doesn't do it for me.

I'm intrigued that there are nine tracks, which unless it is a double cd, suggests they may be moving away from putting several 14 minute epic songs on each album.

If only they can come back to shorter 5 to 7 minutes songs, then they could get me back. They lost me a long while ago with all these loooooooonnngggggg songs I'm not a fan of.

Amen.

My problem with the title is I thought it was the title of the thread - as in there was another "dramatic" change in the DT lineup.:erk:
Rather anti-climatic once I opened the thread. Don't care about the title. Looking forward to The Man infusing energy and inspiration with some crushing percussion and his consummate professionalism. I'm looking totally forward to everything about this band that sort of fell out of grace with me. I'll not criticize til I hear the whole package.