Dream Theater new album title + tracklisting

metallica144

Lammendam
Apr 13, 2010
Holland
so i was looking on twitter, and then i found a tweet with the album title + tracklisting for the new Dream Theater album :) there's 9 fucking songs :O that's quite much for a Dream Theater album :lol:

A Dramatic Turn of Events

1. On the Backs of Angels
2. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
3. Lost Not Forgotten
4. This is the Life
5. The Shaman's Trance
6. Outcry
7. Far From Heaven
8. Breaking All Illusions
9. Beneath The Surface

I think that the album title is clearly related to the whole Portnoy thing.

and lol at #4 , Amy MacDonald cover?:lol:

lost all respect for these guys after the x-facoresque drum audition videos they did. they all need to take their heads out of their rectums

Damn you metallica144, I came here to post this same thing. :lol:

I agree that the drum audition thing was a load of shit. I didn't even watch any of them. The idea of Dream Theater without Portnoy still annoys me, but I'm willing to give this album a chance. And the the album title is CLEARLY a hint towards Portnoy.

Damn you metallica144, I came here to post this same thing. :lol:

i posted this pic before, but because it's awesome and because it fits this situation perfectly:

tumblr_lloje3z1xm1qhkhcto1_500.jpg

hmm, i would like to know that too...
if i'm right there will be given more information tomorrow morning

but Keenan, what would you prefer? many ''short'' songs (in DT-terms that's like 7 or 8 minutes), or not many songs but very long ones? ( like Black Clouds & Silver Linings )

Please not more 13+ minute ones. There were far too many on Black Clouds (4/6). I just hope there's some variety this time. A few short ones, a long one or two or whatever, I just ask that they mix it up.

Please don't let this album suck. :yell:

oh, and Keenan, i don't know if you already new it, but these are the track lengths:

On the Backs of Angels (8:46)
Build Me Up, Break Me Down (6:59)
Lost Not Forgotten (10:11)
This Is the Life (6:57)
Bridges in the Sky (11:01)
Outcry (11:24)
Far from Heaven (3:56)
Breaking All Illusions (12:25)
Beneath the Surface (5:26)