Dream Theater's newest album to be called "A Dramatic Turn Of Events"

The title sounds kind of cheesy given what's happened the last year, I was hoping for something a little more ambiguous/mystical but those song titles sound awesome - particularly On The Backs Of Angels. Really looking forward to this!

I kinda like how it's almost a direct reference to the Mike Portnoy situation and all the controversy that came with it.

Some other possible album titles that came into my head after reading this were:

'We decided to carry on without Mike Portnoy'

'Lots of controversial stuff happened before the release of this album'

Haha exactly, Kingface! I think On The Backs Of Angels or Far From Heaven would have been a much better title - surely this'll be awkward if MP ever does rejoin the band just because the album itself seems to be a reference to that debacle!

lol @ Kingface's suggestions.

I like the title On The Backs Of Angels, though. The title of the album itself is pretty cool as well, even though it's so obvious what they're hinting at. Hopefully the emphasis will be on melodies and not heaviness this time.

Could they have come up with a cheesier title?!... But I agree with Cronopio, hopefully this record will have more emphasis on the melodies over heaviness. One thing for certain is there won't be any godawful cookie monster backing vox this time around!

Oi Midgley, don't diss the Portnoy!! Seriously though, I though BCaSL was a very strong album after (not withstanding Octavarium) a series of mediocre "metal" records. The last album seemed to really bring it all together so I'm hopefully that they will continue in a similar vein.

I hope it continues in a similar vein as long as that vein is 90% made of The Count of Tuscany ;)

Good interview, really psyched for the album

Interesting to read that MP did try rejoining very shortly after leaving, but partly due to Mangini already having the part, was told where to go

Yes, nice interview. Sucks Portnoy is gone but I guess they must keep going. Hopefully I can actually find this one at my local store when it comes out.

kogasu: Where do you live? I know in the United States that Best Buy sells quite a bit of Dream Theater. I was able to buy all of their albums their except their debut and Falling Into Infinity - even ACOS and some other extra DT side projects.

I live in Central Texas.... hmm never thought to check Best Buy. The one here has a smaller CD selection (which means more newer popular music) than Hastings which is where I go for all of my CDs. Last time I went to Hastings I only saw like one Dream Theater CD so I might just go to Best Buy. The stores here kind of suck but they've suprised me before heh.

Yeah, Best Buy isn't exactly the hub of great underground music or anything but I've managed to spot myself several Nightwish, Opeth, Dream Theater, etc. albums. I even once found a Rhapsody album there... It's worth checking out at least! I live in central Illinois so once I bled that dry (didn't take long) I had to start ordering everything online. Not a problem, though! :D