who's opening for nightwish?

According to the Jaxx website for va, the opening slot is "surprise European national support." i know that doesnt answer your question but at least that gives some hope for another great band being on the bill.

BB Kings still has Sonata listed but the Jaxx thing has caused me to raise an eyebrow. I heard a rumor that Sonata may do the whole Overkill tour rather than just the one NYC date. If thats the case they may not be back with Nightwish.

Because they probably don't know yet. If it was ANY good European act, they'd come out and say it.

"Surprise European act" probably means "We don't know yet, but who wouldn't want to tour with Nightwish?"

I'm sure they'll get somebody good, they just don't know who yet. Thunderstone would be another good pick.

Thunderstone would be cool. Alot of great bands seem to be making their way to the US for tours throughout the year, most coming in support of new material. I remember when only a few years ago the little chances of incredible european bands coming to the US, they would come nowhere near baltimore. Now it seems two weeks don't pass without a great band coming around. And of course, Progpower still stands as the event of the year :).

On the topic of Sonata Arctica, their April 13 date has not been cancelled in light of the Nightwish postponement, and now they even have the date, along with the New England festival, Overkill show and canadian dates listed on their website. I can only assume Sonata is still coming around to the US, even if it is for only a few shows.

Nightwish would help break The 69 Eyes if they come. That's who I"m betting on! Followed by Poisonblack. Third would be Thunderstone.

adaher said:
I would think Brainstorm would fit in better with Overkill's audience than Nightwish's. And Sonata goes better with Nightwish.

How true. Somehow I'm fairly convinced After Forever and Within Temptation won't make it and probably not Epica either, though I certainly would LOVE to see any of them.

How about Edenbridge? It can't be a really big band but hopefully it will be quality.

adaher said:
I would think Brainstorm would fit in better with Overkill's audience than Nightwish's. And Sonata goes better with Nightwish.
I believe it was last year in London, England that Brainstorm played at least one show with Nightwish and the reviews were great that I read. Sometimes bands you don't think fit together are the best shows to see. A case in point was the Suicidal Tendencies / Queensryche tour in '91. Two opposites that definitely attracted.