Pre show gathering for those not interested in Nightwish...

MajorRager said:
Hahaha... well I'm gonna be hanging out with him for an entire weekend, so I've got to get on his good side

I'm sorry. Uhh... um.. well, if he asks you to "go out" make sure he doesn't mean .. ya know.. ;););););)
-manda

Bear said:
Um yeah you got friggen 7 months to figure all that out still
anim-jjd.gif

Bear

But Bear, I'm really, really not good at math! ;)

MetalRose said:
I will NOT be attending a Nightwish show. So I'd be down for a pre party somewhere.

Well, if nothing else, I'll make you let me hang out with you. :D

MetalRose said:
Shaye-

I have a card from an insurance company telling you by gender/weight and height- the average tolerance before becoming legally drunk. Then again we are talking about PPers. Nevermind.

-Metal

lol... I don't trust insurance companies anyway.

Hey! I've got an idea! Let's NOT support a European metal band's tour of the USA so we can talk with people we talk to every year (or day online)!! That will be a smart thing to do! Nah, the lobby/bar of Earthlink isn't right enough! We should go somewhere else and ignore Nightwish in their attempt to create a viable financial base to tour the USA (and bring other Euro bands with them as they did with Lullacry).

Smart. Like them or not, it's not too smart. If this could be a big show the night before, perhaps in the future other bands would try to "schedule" a tour through Atlanta the night before ProgPower. If there's indifference shown by us with this type of thing, indifference will be show TO us in the future when we/Glenn try to make this type of thing happen. It's an opportunity and besides, you'll be liquored up and talking to everyone for the following 2 days anyway. You've got all day to do that on Saturday.

lady_space said:
I think a poll thread might be a good idea. Personally, I'm not a huge Nightwish fan--if they're the only gig in town, I'd be fairly likely to go. Otherwise, I'm up for alternative gatherings.

Say, is this where that metal karaoke idea someone had a while back comes in? ;)

I'm not real interested in seeing Nightwish either. Maybe we can figure out something else to do. Thursday night is usually my biggest drinking night, so as long as we are at a bar of some sort I'll be happy.

Britt

1metal1 said:
Hey! I've got an idea! Let's NOT support a European metal band's tour of the USA so we can talk with people we talk to every year (or day online)!! That will be a smart thing to do! Nah, the lobby/bar of Earthlink isn't right enough! We should go somewhere else and ignore Nightwish in their attempt to create a viable financial base to tour the USA (and bring other Euro bands with them as they did with Lullacry).

Uh.... no, it's quite simple really - if you feel like going to see them, go see them (but wait until Glenn gives us the final scoop about where the show will be of course).

If you don't feel like going to see them and would rather spend the night talking with people we talk to every year, then spend the night talking with people we talk to every year.

If you feel like sitting in your hotel room that night watching Hee Haw re-runs, then sit in your hotel room and watch Hee-Haw re-runs.

Not going to a show that you do not feel like going to does not constitute not supporting the European metal scene. It constitutes making choices for yourself based on taste which is how we make 99.9% of all decisions in our life.

1metal1 said:
Smart. Like them or not, it's not too smart. If this could be a big show the night before, perhaps in the future other bands would try to "schedule" a tour through Atlanta the night before ProgPower. If there's indifference shown by us with this type of thing, indifference will be show TO us in the future when we/Glenn try to make this type of thing happen. It's an opportunity and besides, you'll be liquored up and talking to everyone for the following 2 days anyway. You've got all day to do that on Saturday.

Hey, how about those of us who actually enjoy the pre-party, because we get to see bands that aren't as big as the openers and headliners of ProgPower? I'd love to see Nightwish, but I want to see the bands at the Pre-party as well. I think their schedule change sucks, not to mention the venue is no where near as good as they need for their sound. If they do move to ELL, I'll reconsider, but I'm not going to walk away from a concert feeling less than satisfied because of the venue.

If one doesn't want to support the European metal scene, then simply don't listen to any European bands... nor come to ProgPower =)

Leave Nightwish alone, they do whatever they think is viable for them, period. If you don't like that, simply don't go to the show...

I'm probably gonna have as much fun seeing Nightwish as you guys will getting drunk that night... At least I won't have a headache the next day =)

Um, some people might not like Nightwish. I know that goes against being "tr0o" and all, but for some, their music is annoying and they might want to plan optional entertainment. I have never understood the theory that you have to like EVERY metal band because it's important to the "scene" or whatever. Support the bands you like, and don't take it as a personal affront if someone doesn't like your favorites.

Personally, we're thinking that Thrusday might be a good night to go to a really good restaurant somewhere in town, but we're open to other options...

dt

lady_space said:
Well, if nothing else, I'll make you let me hang out with you. :D

Yeah, like you're going to have to twist my arm! I seriously can't wait.

1metal1 -

Whoa dude. Take a chill pill. Some people don't like Nightwish. Period. I for one am one of those. I'm sure there are others that don't like them, or can't afford to go.

What's the difference between this and a group of you and your friends NOT going to a Britney Spears concert? You either don't like her or can't afford to go... So what do you do? Go and hang out as a group that night regardless. Same thing more or less. :)

Besides, I have no desire to pay $30+ for a ticket to a band that I don't want to see, just to "support metal music". That's just re-cock-ulous.

-Metal

1metal1 said:

Hey, man, did you think maybe not everyone's really crazy about Nightwish? What, I should go see a band I don't really like when I can come up with something better to do? Talk about not too smart.
Shaye

1metal1 said:

I quite enjoy some of Nightwish's stuff, but to be honest, I will be watching ten bands the next two days after Nightwish plays. Prog Power is a freaking marathon. I don't want to concentrate on bands three nights in a row. Nightwish (and their management) scheduled the Atlanta show knowing very well PP has been around September every year. I am sure many PP attendees will go to the show and I think that is great but for me, I would rather see them at a different time.

Bryant