Pre show gathering for those not interested in Nightwish...

Yngvai X

Dark Emperor
Jul 18, 2002
Woodland Park, NJ
www.myspace.com
Alright, I know I'm probably not the only person here who's not interested enough in seeing Nightwish that would still like to get together with some progpower peeps the usual night of the Preshow. I'm thinking it'd be cool to organize a gathering or something for the few of us who'd rather pass on Tarja & co.

Anyone interested?

It is too bad that we have a conflict with these dates..I really would like to have a pre-show party like every year, its a PP tradition.
I would still like to get together with some metal heads and listen to good music..but the truth is that I wouldn't be the same..we wont have the bands there, or the traditional 3 opening bands of the pre show, this sucks!!!
I understand Glenn's position, he is concerned about the bills, and if we dont have enough people for the pre show..well, there is really nothing to do..Thats too bad.
maybe we should start a thread and ask people to see who would actually go to the pre show.

:yell:

I think a poll thread might be a good idea. Personally, I'm not a huge Nightwish fan--if they're the only gig in town, I'd be fairly likely to go. Otherwise, I'm up for alternative gatherings.

Say, is this where that metal karaoke idea someone had a while back comes in? ;)

Um yeah you got friggen 7 months to figure all that out still
anim-jjd.gif

Bear

Dear Yngwie X,
Please do not drink all of mandaX's tequila this time around, or else the Symphony X police will arrest you for singing Of sins and Shadows so badly.
Sincerely,
Your Liver

lady_space said:
If you'll give me your approximate height, weight, and alcohol tolerance, I'll perform some (shh... secret) calculations and be certain that I bring enough alcohol. ;)

Well...last new years I did have a liter of vodka and 5 beers in the span of about 3-4 hours without dying (or requiring hospitilization, before you ask)... :p

dargormudshark said:
I will probably be going to Nightwish but we can still have a meet up that night.

Hey Matt, Do you think your'e cd will be out by then?

Finished, yes (and I will bring a CD-R to play for people), "out"...this depends on how soon a label wants to sign me and release the damn thing. :p