Pre show gathering for those not interested in Nightwish...

1metal1 said:
Hey! I've got an idea! Let's NOT support a European metal band's tour of the USA so we can talk with people we talk to every year (or day online)!! That will be a smart thing to do! Nah, the lobby/bar of Earthlink isn't right enough! We should go somewhere else and ignore Nightwish in their attempt to create a viable financial base to tour the USA (and bring other Euro bands with them as they did with Lullacry).

Smart. Like them or not, it's not too smart. If this could be a big show the night before, perhaps in the future other bands would try to "schedule" a tour through Atlanta the night before ProgPower. If there's indifference shown by us with this type of thing, indifference will be show TO us in the future when we/Glenn try to make this type of thing happen. It's an opportunity and besides, you'll be liquored up and talking to everyone for the following 2 days anyway. You've got all day to do that on Saturday.

Don't worry. I'm sure Nightwish isn't gonna have any problem selling enough tickets what with all the little hot topic kids that will no doubt be following them once Wish I Had An Angel and Nemo get shoved down their throats courtesy of Roadrunner records and MTV2. :D

Sign me up for the non-Nightwish gathering too! Somehow I just can't seem to get into them, and I'm really bummed they're infringing on PP time... I don't care what we do, as long as it involves friends and fun! I'm game for just about anything...:loco:

Alicia

dargormudshark said:
Hey maybe this will be the perfect night for me in Bryant to have our little guitar duel! :D

Matt is not invited though, he will kick both our asses

Matt is awesome !! I am not the technical wizard (by choice) like some, but I try to mix blues, classical and pure metal style in my solos and riffs. I would always enjoy a duel though.

Bryant

Personally I'd like to see preparty bands over Nightwish - much as I love Nightwish I've seen them, but the preparty is a great place to discover new talented bands!

Ah well, I'll be hanging at the preparty regardless.

Mr. Toast!!! :) Sends a big virtual hug to Mr. Toast!

Okay, I made this suggestion in another thread, so forgive the cross-posting as I feel it is relevant in this thread...

Seeing as the will be some people not going to see Nightwish, and seeing as there will be a Pre *Party* at Vinyl's... if it were possible to setup some form of open jam/open mic type event, would that interest some of you?

Let's think for a few sex.... okay, if gear were to be made available (maybe a local band would be willing?), there would be no loss of income and the patrons at Vinyl's would still be able to get live music. Win/Win sitch. Anyone else's thoughts?

13ShadesofGray said:
Mr. Toast!!! :) Sends a big virtual hug to Mr. Toast!

Okay, I made this suggestion in another thread, so forgive the cross-posting as I feel it is relevant in this thread...

Seeing as the will be some people not going to see Nightwish, and seeing as there will be a Pre *Party* at Vinyl's... if it were possible to setup some form of open jam/open mic type event, would that interest some of you?

Let's think for a few sex.... okay, if gear were to be made available (maybe a local band would be willing?), there would be no loss of income and the patrons at Vinyl's would still be able to get live music. Win/Win sitch. Anyone else's thoughts?

Well, I have absolutely no clue as to logistics, etc., but I think this is a good idea. With it being a smaller gathering, I think it could work. A few amps, a few instruments, a mic or two... I know we've got a bunch of musicians here, and some of them might bring their gear. Who knows? I'll talk to a friend, and I'd gladly volunteer my bass as long as I don't have to play it in front of anyone. :)

Hey Colleen! (hugs right back at ya!)
:wave:
I could pack my Motif ES8 (88 key) with me to ProgPower for an open jam. Waiting for people to figure out which sound/instrument samples they'd want to use could present a problem though...:loco:

Harvester said:
That is a strong possiblity along with some sort of open mic night.

Glenn H

WooHoo!!!
headbob.gif

mandaX said:
Tequila Jaxie? ;):headbang:
-manda

Yeah baybee! I'm heading down on Wednesday this year so I'll have plenty of time to party..that whole Hurricane Ivan sending me back to DC Thursday night fiasco really blew the whole weekend for me last year, so this year I am prepared! And I got a room at the Granada so getting to/from the party places won't be as much of a hassle as it was last year, out at the BFE Sheraton (even though their beds were the shiznit!)..I'm ready! :D