Dream Theater....

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
... Someone, please help me.

I love tracks like 'Fatal Tragedy', 'The test that stumped', and 'home'... Guitarwork like Nevermore - Politics. Is there any other tracks i should check out.

I love the whole 'middle eastern' feel of 'Home', that whole album is nuts. CRAZY even.

Help?

Oh how Vylance has a list for you...

Fatal Tragedy (of course)
Home (of course)
Beyond This Life
The Dance of Eternity
Metropolis pt. 1
Erotomania
The Mirror & Lies
Blind Faith
Lines in the Sand
Trail of Tears
A Change of Seasons
Learning to Live

If you like what they do instrumentally, check out Liquid Tension Experient 1 & 2. Download 'When the Water Breaks' and you'll fall in love.

Platypus and Mullmuzzler, you should check those bands, too.
John Myung plays in Platypus, Labrie sings in Mullmuzzler.
Maybe you'll like it...

xxx Iris xxx

Check "Perfect Symmetry" and "No Exit" of fates warning instead dude.
They are crazy there.
DT are good but FW are the gods...

And MZ is much greater of a drummer than MP.

never mention DT, with FW...

Both are of different worlds...and one is not in the way connected to advancing any thing new...in heavy metal(psuedo metal).

Originally posted by Unregistered
never mention DT, with FW...

Both are of different worlds...and one is not in the way connected to advancing any thing new...in heavy metal(psuedo metal).
FW has nothing to do with DT, true (except that they are good friends and Kevin Moore).
FW are divine.

Dream Theater rule...and fuck I don't care if they're metal or not,for me they are already a classic band with its own history in rock,right next to Rush.
FW are great as well,and very different.How about Parallels,I didn't see it mentioned,and it's one of the greatest metal albums ever...

I'm just sick of these fuckin tr00 faggots going around saying dumb shit... "ohhh Dream Theater isn't metal! They're terrible because i can only listen to metal! Plus they're too popular and if i listen to them i lose my tr00 status and am no longer elite!" Shut the fuck up you whiny little bitches... I don't even care if Dream Theater is metal or not, it is fuckin good music. If you're all stuck up on categories then you deserve an ass kickin because that is not what music is about.

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
I'm just sick of these fuckin tr00 faggots going around saying dumb shit... "ohhh Dream Theater isn't metal! They're terrible because i can only listen to metal! Plus they're too popular and if i listen to them i lose my tr00 status and am no longer elite!" Shut the fuck up you whiny little bitches... I don't even care if Dream Theater is metal or not, it is fuckin good music. If you're all stuck up on categories then you deserve an ass kickin because that is not what music is about.
If you don't care that DT is metal or not don't say that you can only listen to metal, will you?

Dream Theater is metal. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something. Since I am the definitive source on what is metal and what is not you must believe me or die, mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, they are very much a metal band (listen to any of their CDs except Falling Into Infinity and tell me it isn't heavy); just because it is a style of metal you don't like doesn't mean they aren't metal. And I don't just listen to metal :)

Later.

American Alexi is the fucking gayest username I've ever seen anywhere on the internet ever in all of history even before history was ever a real word.