Any Dream Theater fans here...???

STAMPEED

New Metal Member
Jul 2, 2003
London U.K.
Visit site
I also happen to love Dream Theater,......They shoud have put Nevermore on the tour as the opening act instead of Fates Warning , that would have been intense...!!!!

:hotjump:

Dream Theater gets monotonous and boring pretty fast. There very predictable as well. Granted, there talented musicians, but its gets boring just sitting therre listen to an hour solo.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Dream Theater gets monotonous and boring pretty fast. There very predictable as well. Granted, there talented musicians, but its gets boring just sitting therre listen to an hour solo.

How any one could find Dream Theater boring is beyond me ....???
as I find them one of the most interesting bands around...!!!

But I guess it just doesn't flick your switch

yep,you could say i'm a fan,they're one of my fave bands.i&w and awake are among my all-time favourite albums,up there with politix.they seem to be a little out of inspiration lately,but they are still great.disagree 100% with en vind,theater don't have SO many solos,and the ones that they have are well written and never boring for the ear that LISTENS.

I'm going to see DT with Queensryche here in San Diego later this month...unfortunately Fates is not playing that night. I have friends in Florida that saw the opening night of the tour and said FW was by far the best band, Queensryche was good, but they were very disappointed in DT. They said they played a lot of their slower, lighter songs and that James LaBrie was annoying as hell vocally. I'm hoping that a longer setlist with only 2 bands here will give them some space to add a few songs or stretch out on a few jams and solos.

I have heard every dream theater album so please dont tell me i dont listen, i write music reviews. I simply find it boring, they do have a lot of well thought out solos but there all basically the same. Its basically a musicianship band, not a band i feel has any real atmosphere. I really dont like 6DOIT at all, they really are running out of what creativity they had.

Your "hour long solo" comment obviously proves you don't know what you're talking about. Name one of there songs where a "solo" goes over 90 seconds. And anyone could write music reviews. A lobotomized chimpanzee with down syndrome could write music reviews.

Dream Theater....one of the best bands ever,genious music,excellent players,amazing albums.Surely not many people can appreciate their talent,anyone who finds them boring probably doesn't know how quality music sounds.

Blackthorn said:
Dream Theater....one of the best bands ever,genious music,excellent players,amazing albums.Surely not many people can appreciate their talent,anyone who finds them boring probably doesn't know how quality music sounds.

well said I salute you...!!!!

The only album I dig is Images & Words. There is no denying their talent, but they create crappy music for the most part imo. Again, I think Images & Words is worth picking up, but other than that their arrangements annoy the shit out of me.

DavE

Poison Godmachine said:
Name one of there songs where a "solo" goes over 90 seconds.

Trial of Tears
Fatal Tragedy
Beyond This Life
Home
Blind Faith
Take the Time
Metropolis Pt. 1

Shall I go on?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Dream Theater fan, but they have lots of songs with extended solo breaks. But that's why I love 'em.

Wow i guess no one in this forum understands sarchasm. Thats pretty sad. I guess thats why i hate Thorns too right Blackthorn. Goddamn you people when will you learn. And of course i hate quality music. I make it a point to listen to shitty bands so all of you have something to bitch about. The crowd pleaser takes a bow.

Bleh. Exceedingly boring...I'm with EVAS, they spend most of their time showing us how talented they are instead of using their talent in well-written songs. I don't really hate them like I do other bands, I just find them extremely overrated and boring. One of those bands that fades into white noise whenever I'm listening to them.

Satananda said:
Trial of Tears
Fatal Tragedy
Beyond This Life
Home
Blind Faith
Take the Time
Metropolis Pt. 1
Those aren't "solos" you goof, just cause there isn't any frigging singing and there are a lot of notes being played doesn't mean it's a fucking solo. jesus! I mean, are you counting that whole middle part of Metropolis as a SOLO? Good god.