DROE sales/charts

You're lucky you can go to an indie store. Where I live they don't exist anymore. I'm glad for the t-shirt/combo packs too. I just wish they had it to where you could get all of those things (patches, posters, etc) without having to buy the record 3-4 times in order to do so.

Well, I have to drive an hour to get to the indie stores, but they're around. I could go to the city for some of them also but I found the two I favor here in New Jersey kick the shit out of every indie store in NYC. Yes, a t-shirt, poster, patch combo would've been great. I'm hoping they'll do a signing in October when they come around again too.

How do they measure a week? In the US it comes out on Tuesday do they go until Friday.Or do they go until the next Tuesday?

It's funny that you ask that. I just saw on their FB page that it ends today. So it's from tuesday thru monday.

Holy Smokes!!!!!

Nice job Testament Legions!!!

Almost double the numbers of Formation.

No doubt. Of course you have to give Nuclear Blast credit as well for giving them some promotion and things, but a great job done by everyone. Hopefully things continue to roll well with sales and such.

Great fucking news! Wonder if the total worldwide sales will ever be disclosed by Nuclear Blast.. anyway, this is a great accomplishment!

This is a huge success of everyone involved. Hats down. Hopefully it'll continue to sell and we'll see them getting their gold record finally. I'm curious about the charts in Europe. Probably they'll be high in Germany, for due to the postponed release dates in other countries many people from abroad ordered the album from NB Germany's site.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/comparing-testaments-first-week-sales-to-the-big-4 Here's a comparison of the sales of Big 5's latest albums. Testament reached the same place as Anthrax, although sold a little less copies in the first week.

According to wikipedia it's #1 in Hungary, which is a nice surprise. Wondering if it's their first time reaching the very top of the charts somewhere (not talking about metal, rock, independent or whatever else sub-charts, but the main ones).

Also, #57 in the UK. It's probably partially due to the fact that the release there was a little later than it was supposed to be. Waiting for more info..

According to: http://www.facebook.com/notes/testament/testament-dominates-sales-charts-around-the-globe/10151098566823329

#12 USA Top 200
#21 Austria Top 75
#62 Belgium Top 100
#86 Belgium Flanders
#40 Belgium Walloonia
#12 Canadian Top 200
#4 Germany Top 100
#4 Finland Top 50
#13 Ireland Top 20
#32 Netherlands Top 200
#10 Switzerland (CH)
#57 United Kingdom Top 200
#3 United Kingdom Indie Top 40
#3 United Kingdom Rock Top 40

Also, this is the best first week (charts plus sales) for Nuclear Blast. Hopefully this will continue. I guess I was right about the German charts.

Just for a comparison - the FOD numbers (in brackets DROE):

Debut 59 BILLBOARD Top 200
Top Rock Album 16 (1)
Top Hard Rock Album 4 (1)
Top Comprehensive Album 62
European Top 100: 30
Finland: 12 (4)
Germany: 15 (4)
Austria: 23 (21)
Norway: 29
Sweden: 32
Switzerland: 33 (10)
Denmark: 90
Canada: 94 + 12 on Metal Top 50 (12 overall)
France: 95
UK: 186 (57)

Improvement on every chart which can be compared. Pretty good, if you ask me. Can't wait for more data.

Yeah, no doubt. I think the album not leaking too soon helped, as well as aggressive campaigning by NB. Not to mention the album being as strong as it is.

Yeah, no doubt. I think the album not leaking too soon helped, as well as aggressive campaigning by NB. Not to mention the album being as strong as it is.

Gotta agree on that one, they managed not to let the album leak until the very release date (I tried to find it during the previous weeks and couldn't find it anywhere), and that's just incredible in these days if you ask me.
I'm glad NB took the band seriously and promoted the album like one of their stellar releases of the year. It's been just a couple weeks, but I hope DROE will make it to the top 10 in Billboard 200, the guys deserve it.

I think it's impossible that it makes it to the top 10. The sales almost always decrease with each of the first few weeks. The question is how long will they manage to stay in the top 200. 8 weeks would be a huge acomplishment, 5 would be very good.