Brotherhood of the snake - sales and charts

I don't get the enthusiasm for that band either. I tried some but yeah just kind of meh, and put a damn shirt on lol
I think it was a mistake for Testament to not be headlining right now.

Progress on the second week is good news!
I'm extremely surprised about south America! That blows my mind. I don't think all this touring Testament did really payed off versus an album sooner... oh wait! I forgot it's NB's fault :headbang:

Some more 2nd week news, rather depressing dare I say.

SWITZERLAND - #75
USA - #187! Even formation was higher on the chart on its 2nd, 3rd and 4th week. DROE dropped this low on the 4th week.

For some reason, it's not selling like it should be. It's not the quality of the music, for sure. Seems like someone has rested on their laurels. NB, we're looking at you.

Well, actually something is messed up with the Billboard charts. They're on #187 on the Billboard top 200, but the top sales chart says:

#61 (from 9)
3,875 sold

Still, a 77% drop is rather huge.

Crap man! what the hell NB?!! drop the ball much?! This album is great better than DROE in my opinion and much better than TFOD
Also in my opinion. And what's the deal with the board? Grrrrr

SPAIN - 2nd week #80
BEL (Walloonia) - 3rd week #100
BEL (Flanders) - 3rd week #181

Spain is one of the few countries where the album did better than its predecessor. Elsewhere, it outdid Formation, but didn't come too close to DROE. It's off most of the charts already.

Oh, as far as Billboard goes, it fell of the Top 200 and Top Rock Albums. On the Top Hard Rock Albums, it's on #12 on its 3rd week (last week was #6 and the week before #2). On the Independent Albums chart it fell from #6 to #23 (it had topped the chart on the first week).

Just because the album is out doesn't mean it's too late to start promoting! C'mon! Is there really anywhere to go besides NB?
They need a new video.

I get the feeling they thought it would self-promote itself or that a band like this needs no promotion after the success of the last album. This is not the case in today's world. I agree, start promoting it now - it's not too late. I hope it's not some sort of a game with the band that's connected with the expiration of the 3-record deal.

I get the feeling they thought it would self-promote itself or that a band like this needs no promotion after the success of the last album. This is not the case in today's world. I agree, start promoting it now - it's not too late. I hope it's not some sort of a game with the band that's connected with the expiration of the 3-record deal.
It kind of disgusts me, every day I'm getting emails from NB promoting the Lamb Of Gods new single. But Testaments new album?...Crickets chirp

Well, every one man for himself, right? You sure did your part, but yeah, where's the 0,5 million people who bought PWYP in the US alone?

Yeah, it was cheaper here as well. Seriously, most people won't go around stealing electronic equipment, shoes or books, but have no problem doing that to music and other intangible goods.

Reactions: redfly
I'll sign up to any conversation that laments the sales of albums. The whole idea of a band like Testament scraping out a couple of thousand sales in the US, or anywhere, is just absurd. I personally can't understand why anyone would like a dodgy download to the real deal in their hands, with lyrics, artwork, and that tangible sense of a connection with the band.

As for Nuclear Blast, well, they're obviously chasing the dollars where they can find them. They're obviously not deliberately losing money for themselves out of spite. Maybe they do think 4 years is too long to carry on the momentum. The reason bands popped out albums every year or two back in the day was because they sold. Why would any band invest tens of thousands of dollars to record a new album that never made the money back?

Goddamn the modern world.

I'm so alone, my head's my home, and I feel....

Reactions: Neptune
Well put. I agree with just about everything except I don't think selling records is the only reason bands were putting out albums every year or two.
The drive of youth and wanting to stay on the road. Also probably feeling that they had something to say and maybe even the rivalry between bands.

But yes! why the hell would anyone want some shit download over art and words and pictures. It cheapens the whole thing too me.

Nuclear blast? idk what's up with them. They are pushing all sorts of shit except Testament. I'm constantly getting email about the Lamb Of God ep
and other stuff. But nothing Testament. All these holiday things they are running right now. They aren't advertising Testament.
They are stupid. Testament is the best band they have.

Hell ya fuck the modern world!