DROE sales/charts

Well, I'd be surprised if it didn't. It was 59,000 4 weeks ago, and they're still selling at least 300 copies a week. So there you go - another milestone reached. Hopefully it'll top some more this year.

No new updates, but since Megadeth's new one has just been released it's good to see how DROE ranks as compared to one of the Big 4. Megadeth has obviously debuted higher on Billboard, but Testament has beat them inter alia in the following countries (the first number is DROE's position, the second - that of SC):

1. Switzerland (10:21);
2. Sweden (8:15);
3. Poland (8:20);
4. Netherlands (32:36);
5. Germany (4:24);
6. Hungary (1:13);
7. Austria (21:26);
8. Belgium - Flanders (54:65);
9. Belgium - Walloonia (29:58);
10. Italy (27:none?)
And worldwide charts (9:14).

Obviously, Megadeth has won on some other markets too, like Spain, Australia and UK, but clearly Testament is coming from behind, and if it weren't for the US market, they would be at least on par with Megadeth and Slayer and ahead of Anthrax. That being said, I wish Dave nothing but the best.

No new updates, but since Megadeth's new one has just been released it's good to see how DROE ranks as compared to one of the Big 4. Megadeth has obviously debuted higher on Billboard, but Testament has beat them inter alia in the following countries (the first number is DROE's position, the second - that of SC):

1. Switzerland (10:21);
2. Sweden (8:15);
3. Poland (8:20);
4. Netherlands (32:36);
5. Germany (4:24);
6. Hungary (1:13);
7. Austria (21:26);
8. Belgium - Flanders (54:65);
9. Belgium - Walloonia (29:58);
10. Italy (27:none?)
And worldwide charts (9:14).

Obviously, Megadeth has won on some other markets too, like Spain, Australia and UK, but clearly Testament is coming from behind, and if it weren't for the US market, they would be at least on par with Megadeth and Slayer and ahead of Anthrax. That being said, I wish Dave nothing but the best.

Wow! They beat Megadeth pretty good chart wise. Also I've heard Testament's planning to release another live album from the Dark Roots of Thrash tour. Also Sales and sometimes popularity wise, they're right in Anthrax's neighborhood. Good to see people noticing them. Hell I even saw someone wearing a The Legacy shirt a few days ago.

Yeah, things are really looking good. Hopefully they'll capitalize on that great album and renewed popularity.

Alot of Thrash is getting renewed popularity. Overkill's recent album's sales have nearly tripled (for first week), Testament's have almost doubled, and they broke the Top 100 and Top 15 on the Billboard 200 (A chart controlled by crap rap and pop music). Hopefully this is the start of the "2nd Coming" of Thrash lol.

Yeah, let's hope this'll keep getting better and won't stop like the last time.

BTW, I suppose you haven't found much new info on any Testament sales, have you? I've seen your posts on various forums. I hope you finally get the info you seek.

Yeah, let's hope this'll keep getting better and won't stop like the last time.

BTW, I suppose you haven't found much new info on any Testament sales, have you? I've seen your posts on various forums. I hope you finally get the info you seek.

Yeah. I also got one of my friends who has a Thrash Unlimited account to ask about Overkill's sales His username is HappyButcher987. I'll ask em to ask about Testament, He said all he got was that As of 2011, Taking Over sold over 100,000 copies in the U.S total. What sales u want me to ask em to ask for?

As far as US sales go - definitely The Ritual, Practice What You Preach and Souls of Black (in this order).

I'm guessing pre-Soundscan numbers are unattainable.

That's some interesting info about Taking Over. Good for OverKill, I guess.

Good luck!

As far as US sales go - definitely The Ritual, Practice What You Preach and Souls of Black (in this order).

I'm guessing pre-Soundscan numbers are unattainable.

That's some interesting info about Taking Over. Good for OverKill, I guess.

Good luck!

Yeah. I'm not super surprised there after all, Taking Over was what put them on the map really. Also you got it. I'll ask him tonight.

Also is there a process where bands have to apply to see if a record sold Gold/Platinum?

I believe there isn't. When you hit 500k within a certain time (I don't know how long), you get the gold record automatically. After that period the label/band needs to apply for certiication to the RIAA. I think they don't need to apply to see the numbers, though. Bands (or at least labels) do have their access to SoundScan.

I believe there isn't. When you hit 500k within a certain time (I don't know how long), you get the gold record automatically. After that period the label/band needs to apply for certiication to the RIAA. I think they don't need to apply to see the numbers, though. Bands (or at least labels) do have their access to SoundScan.

True! And considering PWYP sold 450,000 by 1992, They shoulda got it by late 1993/early 1994. Guess Atlantic's screwing em when it comes to that. Same with The Ritual and The New Order.

I guess you're right. Metal stopped being cool so they didn't bother to get the band their gold albums. Oh and I think Practice was 450k even before 1992 (I read about that number in a source from 1990). We might never know for sure, though.

I guess you're right. Metal stopped being cool so they didn't bother to get the band their gold albums. Oh and I think Practice was 450k even before 1992 (I read about that number in a source from 1990). We might never know for sure, though.

If it won't sell Platinum, Record Companies usually want nothing to do with it. But it actually has more to do with promotion. If record labels promoted Thrash like they do Pop, then albums like PWYP, TYOD, and BBB would be 4-5x Platinum and albums like Rust in Peace and Reign in Blood would be Diamond. You can't get anywhere without some form of promotion if you're a band. If Lil Wayne didn't have all that promotion on tv and radio, he'd be workin at McDonalds right now (I think we'd all be better off if he was makin burgers instead of "Music") lol

True. NB seems to be doing their promotion right these days, which shows in the chart positions for the new album. However, with sales in general going down while certification thresholds remain unchanged, the awards are still out of reach. That's why I hope they can get a gold record in some other countries where the limits have been lowered as the sales went down.

True. NB seems to be doing their promotion right these days, which shows in the chart positions for the new album. However, with sales in general going down while certification thresholds remain unchanged, the awards are still out of reach. That's why I hope they can get a gold record in some other countries where the limits have been lowered as the sales went down.

What I think they should do here is one of 2 things:

1) They should lower the Gold and Platinum Certifications to 100,000 and 500,000

2) They should create a Bronze and Silver Certification. Bronze being 100,000 and Silver 250,000

So many more people are doing free downloads today and its not showing any signs of slowing down (I will admit, I've done my fair share of free downloading once before) in about 10 years Platinum will be impossible even for the Pop stars to obtain. I did like Scott Ian's "Steal Music, Lose your Internet" idea to boost sales, but that's really difficult to monitor the multiple millions of people that do it.