Drum editing practice

Damn those are some nice drums C_F_H_13! Seriously nice. Do you have some pictures of postitioning and room size ect.

Those room mics are amazing. Ive never been able to get that spread and even quality from my rooms. I think the actual room those were recorded in was pretty nice by the sounds of it. Also great mault on the snare. That 1176 sounds killer! Did you gate also before the 1176? Its clean for a snare.

Its super late (1am) and im on headphones but I had to give these a listen.

Your an awesome engineer C_F_H_13.

Had fun looking at your work.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1618313/C_F_H%20Drummmmmmz%20No%20Samples.wav

(No sample replacment at all needed for these drums. Although if I was mixing these I would still add a kick and snare, just for fatness).

Didnt do any editing also, I just wanted to check out your tracks :lol:

Thanks man,

No pics of the kit or the room (at least not up to date ones) Sorry!.

I will possibly have a very in depth layout of this session very soon, but not yet.

To answer you questions though...

1. The room is actually awful. If you look at it or stand in the room, you'd think "what the fuck" (ask audiogeekzine). But there's something with the shape and the coles ribbons that just works. The room easily sounds 10-20 feet bigger then it really is.

2. No gating on the snare. Just a drummer who hammers it, low pre gain, and some other tricks to minimize bleed.

Thanks for the reply man!

Ive only really heard better drum recording's from a studio in Stockholm. Of course its always down to the talent with these things but you should be chuffed. Very professionally tracked drums.

I read the other thread from audiogeekzine, Greenhouse studios looks awesome! SSL's at your finger's daily!

Thanks for the reply man!

Ive only really heard better drum recording's from a studio in Stockholm. Of course its always down to the talent with these things but you should be chuffed. Very professionally tracked drums.

I read the other thread from audiogeekzine, Greenhouse studios looks awesome! SSL's at your finger's daily!

Doing a full interview and run through of drum tracking with Chris in a couple weeks for my Podcast.

I imported some midi drums to reaper once and put SD2 on it, went into the midi editor and randomized the fuck out of it, then recorded every output like real drums and slip edited the whole thing. It was 20 seconds long with a bunch of blast beats and double bass and it took like 1 hour to slip edit the whole thing.:loco: