Drum kit dilemma!!

Okay guys, since I am a total n00b when it comes to studio gear, I have this to ask:

Let's imagine I have 15 mics on a drum set, and I am working with a PC, what do I need to get 15 individual tracks to my PC, so I can individually edit all of them later?

I have a soundcard with 4 inputs, so I can only record 4 tracks simultaneously. When I have recorded some of my own demo stuff, I have ended up having one track for the snare, one for the kick, then I have all of the tom mics connected to a mixer which has two outputs.

So I can't really edit the toms individually afterwards, since they are all on the same track and I have no room for cymbal mics. I use Reaper btw.

Do they even make soundcards with more than 10 inputs, or is there some other way? I usually record guitar or vocal tracks, so 4 has been sufficent, but now I need something for the drums.

Thanks guys in advance!

Sound cards typically have no more than 8 inputs... so you would have to find two that you can chain together to achieve this...

Let's imagine I have 15 mics on a drum set, and I am working with a PC, what do I need to get 15 individual tracks to my PC, so I can individually edit all of them later?

to keep shit simple, you're going to need 15 preamps, and 15 audio/digital converters

the soundcard you have now, with its 4 inputs, has 4 of each

to get up to 15(probably 16), you'll need either a mixer/standalone pres, that are then connected to an interface that has the converters, which then goes to the hard drive

either that, or you can get an all-in-one setup, like a digi002/003, mackie onyx, or any of the other USB/firewire devices that are on the market now