DRUM PROFS & CO - RATE MY WORK!

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hi dudes :)

I´m just working on my actual drumsound and I´m corious about your Sneapster´s opinions. Suggestions for improvement of some well experienced drummers/engineers would be fucking awesome as well. The drumset works very well in the mix imo, nevertheless I want to show the naked drumtrack for possible improvement details.

Here we go:

Pearl Export/Sabian/8mics

Snare and Bass is replaced, but mixed together with the overheads. Toms and Overheads are real recorded and all I played without click.

What do you think about this drumsound?

Sounds cool! The toms sound really good. But I think the snare sounds a little bit boring! How does the original sound?

Cheers mate, hows your father btw?

Thanks dude :kickass: Yes, I also think the snare could have a bit more different colours. The punch is okay, but it´s only one single tone. I think I can solve the problem by fading up the overheads a bit. I hate it, when replacement is hearable :Smug: In the mix it is okay..it works, but the pure drumstereosum offers some issues.

My father is on a good way I think! Dark clouds slowly dissapear :) Thanks so much, bro.

Thanks dude :kickass: Yes, I also think the snare could have a bit more different colours. The punch is okay, but it´s only one single tone. I think I can solve the problem by fading up the overheads a bit. I hate it, when replacement is hearable :Smug: In the mix it is okay..it works, but the pure drumstereosum offers some issues.

My father is on a good way I think! Dark clouds slowly dissapear :) Thanks so much, bro.

Yeah there isn't really anything wrong with the snare, it's just a tad boring.

Good to hear bout your father!

The floor tom sounds a bit odd when its played, the overheads are like.. a slightly different panning position to the close-mic I think. Not sure.. sounds a bit weird.

Any chance of samples of the toms? They do sound awesome. And (if possible), overhead samples of the toms too?

Thanks dudes!! Okay..I hear ya Morgoe. For Tom1 & Tom2 I used the mics of the samson 7kit (non expensive), for the floortom an Akg c3000. That´s why it differ so much. I wanted the floor tom as powerful as possible.

Samples of the toms..okay that should be possible. I let you know, when I uploaded it.