Drum Sample Library Recommendations (Just Individual Samples, No Plugins)

johnjm22

Dec 28, 2005
www.chrysalismusic.net
A lot of the products out today look great (SSD/DFHS/EZD), but I have no interest in plugins. I just want the samples.

I actually have the very first Steven Slate Drums, and DFH, both of which allow you to access to individual .wav files that are close and room miked, and the hits range from soft all the way up to hard (all multi sampled). They're great, but I'm looking for something new, any suggestions?

This is for rock/metal obviously, but I deal with a lot of bands that have soft and heavy sections, so I'm looking for a library that's versatile and complete.

Most of Joey Sturgis' samples sound great and are versatile. There's only one pack on his site that doesn't come with wavs. (the masters cymbal set). I don't own any of Lasse's LSD samples (due to lack of funds) but apparently they're most people's go-to samples around here. Not sure if they're versatile though. Aslo check out Signals on this forum, his/their samples sound good too and are soooooooper cheap.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll probably pick up the LSD samples, and possibly the Signals & Sturgis stuff as well.

Any other suggestions? I'm kind of surprised there isn't more stuff out there.