ROOM SOUND Drum Sample Library Released Today!

Howdy folks!

It's been over a year of painstakingly hard work but today we are extremely proud to introduce ROOM SOUND Premium Drum Samples. Our goal is simple: create the best sounding, most versatile drum sample library possible.

Our samples are available in WAV, Slate Trigger, Drumagog, Massey DRT and Kontakt (full version) formats. All ROOM SOUND drum samples are closely tuned to musical pitches, and most with come with several tuning options. We also include individually controllable close and room microphones, giving you flexibility and choice.

Please check out the sights and sounds and drop us a line if you have any questions.

PLEASE ENJOY OUR SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER
Sneap Forum Members get 20% off with coupon code: Sneap12

www.roomsound.com

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks and sounds super cool. I love that you have multiple tunings on the individual pieces. Im sure you will be taking some of my money soon. Awesome discount as well.

I'm really curious about the DW kit... but I can't seem to find any samples of it on your site? :(

Would love to hear some samples of the kits as a whole (in and out of a mix). The lower tuned snares are right up my alley, but I need some nice toms too, but without hearing them in a kit, I don't really know if I'll like them!

The Modern Maple Tom and Kick Samples can be heard on the following pages by clicking the "listen/learn" button below the picture of the drum.

http://www.roomsound.com/toms.html

http://www.roomsound.com/kicks.html

We're working on some examples of the drums in the mix, but we want to be a little careful with that, because we don't want people to think that our samples come already processed and mix-ready.

Our samples will require some processing to fit them into most mixes. Our goal was to give you the raw ingredients so that you can "cook" your mix in whatever way you wish.

The Modern Maple Tom and Kick Samples can be heard on the following pages by clicking the "listen/learn" button below the picture of the drum.

http://www.roomsound.com/toms.html

http://www.roomsound.com/kicks.html

We're working on some examples of the drums in the mix, but we want to be a little careful with that, because we don't want people to think that our samples come already processed and mix-ready.

Our samples will require some processing to fit them into most mixes. Our goal was to give you the raw ingredients so that you can "cook" your mix in whatever way you wish.
The samples are only on the 16" tom model of the Modern Maple, nothing on the 12" and 14", however - It looks like there's samples of the whole kit on the bundle page now. Maybe Chrome just wasn't loading them for some reason before?

Understood on the drums in a mix. Any chance you guys will do just a quick 30 second sample of the whole kit? Would love to see how they fit together, especially with all the snares ;)

The samples are only on the 16" tom model of the Modern Maple, nothing on the 12" and 14", however - It looks like there's samples of the whole kit on the bundle page now. Maybe Chrome just wasn't loading them for some reason before?

Understood on the drums in a mix. Any chance you guys will do just a quick 30 second sample of the whole kit? Would love to see how they fit together, especially with all the snares ;)

I'm not sure about Chrome. Everything seems to be displaying/playing for all the drums on Safari and Firefox. I'll do some investigating.

As far as the drum mixes go, we'll work up a couple of examples for you with some light settings. Give us a day or so on that one and we'll let you know in this thread.

I'm not sure about Chrome. Everything seems to be displaying/playing for all the drums on Safari and Firefox. I'll do some investigating.

As far as the drum mixes go, we'll work up a couple of examples for you with some light settings. Give us a day or so on that one and we'll let you know in this thread.

Awesome, I very much appreciate it! Might just have to buy them based on shear principle that I like to support companies who actually take the time to care about customers. Kudos to you! ;)

BTW, Dave, Listen/Learn working perfectly over here using Chrome + Win7.

AMAZING sounding samples. I can not WAIT to get these rolled in a mix!!!!

:worship::Smokedev:

What made you choose these particular tunings?

With the snares and toms, we tried to cover a wide range of sounds while making each drum's tunings fit into as many different key signatures as possible.

If you check out the usage guide (link) you can see the details on each drum's page.

With the Kicks, we just tried to get the sound that suited the drum the best.

It seems like the popup lightboxes on the site were the source of the weirdness with the audio players in certain browsers. We did a site redesign today that hopefully will fix that issue. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. :)

Those full-kit demos will be up tomorrow and I'll post on here when they hit the website.

Bought them yesterday, downloaded them today. Really good sounding samples, altho a bit hard to navigate and to use for "quickly" trying out which samples would fit.
Awesome for using them to process for a mix and makes TCI's for yourself though.

Just a pitty that there's only mono room mics.

Also maybe it would be a nice idea to make the different formats downloadable seperatly. That may clashes with your current folder structure, but I think it would be nicer to be able to only download those formats you need.

Bought them yesterday, downloaded them today. Really good sounding samples, altho a bit hard to navigate and to use for "quickly" trying out which samples would fit.
Awesome for using them to process for a mix and makes TCI's for yourself though.

Also maybe it would be a nice idea to make the different formats downloadable seperatly. That may clashes with your current folder structure, but I think it would be nicer to be able to only download those formats you need.

The folder structure and naming convention was something we spent quite a bit of time considering. With so many different formats and discreet mic positions, this one made the most sense.

Our original plan was to sell one format (user choice) + WAV files at the current price points. When we figured out how much bandwidth and storage was going to cost (not very much), we decided to give the users everything so that they'd have it if they ever changed/upgraded software packages. If you want to move the files around or delete the formats you don't use in order to suit your organizational tastes, there's certainly nothing to stop you from doing so.

We're happy to hear suggestions for the next set of samples. Several folks have brought up wanting stereo room mics, so we're going to incorporate that into the next release.

Just so you know, the introductory pricing deal (20% off your order with coupon code Sneap12) ends tomorrow (January 1), so if you want to pick up any samples, now's the time to do it! :)

For those who have already purchased, THANK YOU. We appreciate it! If you have any questions, comments or concerns, you can email us directly at info@roomsound.com.

Samples in the song sound awesome!

Bought the whole Volume 1 Bundle! :D

Any chance you guys plan on doing a cymbal pack anytime soon? I've got so many awesome drum samples now, but very few great cymbals that aren't in Superior/SSD.

We're hoping to get a set of cymbals out with Volume 2. We're doing some testing right now to try and figure out the best way to make them sound realistic. We won't release a cymbal pack until we're confident we've "cracked the code" on making the cymbals sound like a real drummer.