drumagog 5 is out!

timislegend

Jun 8, 2010
drumagog

seriously... i thought i was gonna have to wait for a lot longer.

well, the wait is over... and it was worth the wait.

<3

hmm...i will waith for a month or so...then i'll maybe start crying if it gets good reviews coz i bought Tigger 2 weeks ago.

i didn't buy trigger specifically because i knew that drumagog 5 was going to have direct plugin hosting.

so instead i used TL drum-rehab ...which is designed by steve massey, the same person who designed the massey DTM plugin (obviously).

i am just glad i don't have to wait anymore... this plugin is the end-all-be-all replacer plugins (imo).

stoked!

...let me be the first to say, how important i think plug-in hosting is when it comes to sound replacement.

this will take out a lot of tedium in drum programming and introduce a priceless medium between artist performance and technology.

i saw a short dev preview of this software a while ago at AES... and i was sold then.

interesting!

i dig that bass tone btw:headbang:

Cheers!

And those "effects" have 8 multisamples, thats on default so they are all quite similar but you can move each one around the matrix for a hue to mix ratio for some nice differences!

On the faster thrash stuff it still sounds good, it dosen't take over, more of a chant thing kicking in on the accents :headbang:

Hmm GAS!

Sadly I don't have any real drums IE, difficult trigger material so I can't judge the accuracy...which is the main focus of this thing besides the bells and whistles ive been pissing about with now....be interested to hear other peoples results on how its trigger engines compares to Trigger.

...let me be the first to say, how important i think plug-in hosting is when it comes to sound replacement.

this will take out a lot of tedium in drum programming and introduce a priceless medium between artist performance and technology.

i saw a short dev preview of this software a while ago at AES... and i was sold then.

Care to elaborate what exactly plugin hosting does? The site says you can open plugins like superior drummer inside drumagog, but they dont go into details. Does this mean i can resample triggered drums with programs like superior drummer and drums from hell using drumagog's plugin hosting?

Care to elaborate what exactly plugin hosting does? The site says you can open plugins like superior drummer inside drumagog, but they dont go into details. Does this mean i can resample triggered drums with programs like superior drummer and drums from hell using drumagog's plugin hosting?

that is exactly what that means, mr. hood!

...i have been playing with this all day, i got a drummer coming over this weekend. i want to try the live mode, with slate/sd2/bfd etc.

i can't wait!

that is exactly what that means, mr. hood!

...i have been playing with this all day, i got a drummer coming over this weekend. i want to try the live mode, with slate/sd2/bfd etc.

i can't wait!

if this is true and it works well, i'll definitely be picking this up, as well as superior drummer 2. I was actually looking into a way to buy just the superior drummer samples so i could use them in drumagog for sample replacement instead of just being able to program drums with it.

I wonder how well this feature actually works in pro tools.

if this is true and it works well, i'll definitely be picking this up, as well as superior drummer 2. I was actually looking into a way to buy just the superior drummer samples so i could use them in drumagog for sample replacement instead of just being able to program drums with it.

I wonder how well this feature actually works in pro tools.

According to the "making-of" Superior Drummer 2.0 vid on their site, that's over 300,000 samples if I remember correctly.

interesting.Wonder how much the upgrade is.
Also wonder if the midi in works in Pro-tools again!