drumagog 5 is out!

Looks very nice. However, it would cost me almost as much to upgrade from 4-5 as it would to get Trigger, actually I might be eligible for a Trigger discount since I own FG-X (not sure.) Which one is better for triggering a VSTi via a MIDI track? That's the main thing I used in Drumagog 4 and it never let me down, but it was cumbersome to set up.

I probably won't be recording real drums again until next year, so I have time to plan my decision, demo, etc. I'm leaning in the direction of Trigger so far.

hmm... I wonder if Drumagog will need an instrument creator, or whatever it was that didn't come with Trigger, to make your own gogs...

Personally I've found Trigger's instrument creator to be a thousand times easier to use than Drumagog 4's current system. I dunno if that's changed.

Looks quite nice, but too expensive if you want the good features (like sample alignment?!). I've had very few issues with Trigger, for half the price (or a third if you're getting the full version here).

Not so enthralled by the direct plug-in hosting. Those of us who convert our drum triggers to MIDI regardless have never really had issue printing Superior or other libraries along with tcis or gogs. The real question is whether the triggering engine is better than Trigger, and is able to reject as much bleed (ie. has its own alternative for leakage suppression).

Hey guys, just letting you know I'm here in case anyone has any questions about Drumagog 5.

Drumagog 5 lets you make your own gog files directly from within the plugin. It's similar to the way D4 did it, but a few things make it easier. First, you can now sort the samples by name or peak amplitude. This makes it much easier to find samples you've dragged into the box. Second, you can drag directly between the browser and the samplebox, instead of having to use "add from file" in D4. Also, D5 allows you to select multiple files in the sample box and assign the entire selection to a certain dynamic group or articulation. We've built several gogs using D5 and found it to be a lot faster in gog making. The added benefit to doing it all within Drumagog, is you can test your new gog right away, because it's already on the track and ready to go.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

Hey rim. Welcome to the board. Thanks for jumping in, I'm sure your offer to help will be put through its paces haha. Lots of very picky people on here, it's quite a cool thing. Is drumagog 5 phase accurate? Is there something similar to leakage suppression etc.
Cheers

yeah, that would be my only question/demand...phase accuracy.
I did like many features of the old drumagog versions, but the inconsistent phase shift between the samples made it absolutely useless for blending with a live snare.
are those issues fixed in 5?

Thanks. Yes, Drumagog 5 is phase accurate. We've spent almost two years working with Fraunhofer (the inventors of the MP3 format) to develop auto align 2.0. The main goal of the new algorithm is to match the phase of the incoming hit with the sample as accurately as possible. Please check out the demo for yourself if you'd like to see it in action on your tracks. This works across all the room samples as well.

Drumagog has a feature called auto ducking which can be used to remove bleed spilling onto your other tracks from the track you're working on (removing the snare bleed from the overheads, etc). In my tests, I've found that our triggering algorithm doesn't need leakage suppression to work effectively.

Thanks,
Rim

Thanks. Yes, Drumagog 5 is phase accurate. We've spent almost two years working with Fraunhofer (the inventors of the MP3 format) to develop auto align 2.0.
Rim

That alone sold me months ago...Im going platinum baby....at least with the version of drumagog im getting ;)

Question though, how is it on CPU usage?

CPU usage is slightly higher than D4 (due to the new algorithm), but not much higher. CPU usage can go up if you turn on all the features (convolution reverb, Morph|Engine, plugin hosting, etc.)

Rim

i demoed it ,couple of days ago
cpu usage - horrible!
drumagog 4 - , 0,5 - 1 percent on my quad core extreme edition

drumagog 5 - , 10 , 15 percents ,pops and clicks ,asio overload

my current configuration
intel core quad q6800
windows 7, 32 bits
4 gb ram
rme 9632 , 2 ms latency
cubase 5.1.1

I have some problems with plugin interface in PT LE 8. It is actualy static and not responding to any parameter changes but it works, I just can not see any changes while I tweak knobs etc..

Absu,

This is unusual. I wonder if you could tell me a little more about your setup, so I can troubleshoot here. What is your audio buffer size? Does increasing the buffer size help the CPU usage? Are you testing D5 without any of the extra features turned on (reverb, morph engine, plugin hosting)? Is your samplerate 44.1?

Thanks,
Rim

Blacklight_studio, Can you tell me more about the problem? This sounds similar to one of the GUI bugs we're trying to hunt down. For us, opening and closing the Drumagog window solved the problem. Let me know if that helps.

As usual for a first release, there are usually some minor issues to resolve, but I appreciate all the feedback, and I'm working hard to fix them all!

Thanks,
Rim

Reopening a plugin did not help. When I open a plugin the window is still blank, I drag it outside of the screen and back and GUI appears. But it is static if I try to change any knob or value the changes are not visible but audible untill I drag the window out side of the screen and back again. now I can see what changes I have made in the previous step )) pretty odd...
My system details:
Win XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM. PT LE 8.04