drumagog 5 is out!

this version of drumagog is pretty frustrating. It is completely unable to trigger fast 32nd note type rolls properly...It really astonishes me that a $380 drum replacement program can fail so miserably at this...

first post eh? Could be your drummer, mic position, preamp settings, your plugin settings, etc. Its very easy to blame triggering software for bad results (stemming from various weaknesses in a recording), but after years of working with Drumagog and Aptrigga you learn that its usually a combination of bad playing, improper settings on the replacer plugin, compressing before Drumagog (which dulls the transients needed to trigger optimally), etc... obviously there's too many variables to put the blame entirely on the LAST thing in the chain without tweaking your shit BEFORE Drumagog.

I'm not accusing you of either, but keep those in mind before lashing out against the software. Too many hours went into developing it (with plenty of testing I'm sure) with too many professionals using and liking the plugin for some time now. Tweak the knobs, move the mic, tell the drummer to quit playing like a pansy... THATS gonna fix your "completely unable to trigger fast 32nd note type rolls properly" quicker than passing the blame before reading the manual :D

yeah longtime reader here, found this thread and wanted to chime in on my experience. I guess you could say in the past i've been more of a gearslutz guy.

i sort of wish in a way it was a case of me being an amatuer like you suggest, but its not really the case.... Im a longtime customer of drumagog since 2006, and was very excited about the new plug and actually hate to say anything negative, but I've got to be honest about my experience.

anyway, the track in question has transients that are extremely clear as they are bussed tracks of programmed drums. In other words, there is absolutely nothing standing between it from working...Slate Trigger handles the track fine. I have tried adjusting many settings within the plug-in (sensitivity, transient detail) and it is unable to properly work on 32nd note material in 40, 60, 80ms modes. It is however able to decipher them in 2ms mode, but do to the fact that it is not sample/phase accurate it is not very usable.

I honest cant believe no one else has said anything about this. Im going to make a video that clearly show everything so you guys dont think im nutters.

im not sure about gog 5 but i know gog 4 has the resolution knob(i think thats what its called) have you tried setting it to auto? so that it wont bypass any quick transients?

If you haven't, please email us a short audio clip of the problem track so we can take a look, as that's the only way we can tune the triggering engine (if it needs it). All of the triggering/alignment updates we've posted to version 5 so far have been the direct result of feedback from users. You can send it to support AT drumagog DOT com, we'd love to check it out.

Matt
WaveMachine Labs

Hey everyone,

WaveMachine Labs is pleased to announce a major software update: Drumagog 5.1. This is a FREE update for all Drumagog 5 owners. Drumagog 5.1 contains both new features and a number of bug fixes, including the all-new BLEED REDUCTION feature.

Just a few of the updates/enhancements:

• Bleed Reduction- Bleed Reduction allows Drumagog 5 to eliminate other drums from bleeding into a track and adding unwanted triggering. Simply setup Drumagog on each affected track and it will automatically remove the bleed.
  • Direct Fader- Added a “DIRECT” fader when using GOG files with room sounds
  • Added Over 2 GB of samples to free library– Now includes the entire Rock Drums 3 and Ultra Drums libraries from Farview Recording. Free library is now nearly 7 GB in total size!

For Drumagog 5 owners, you may go to Drumagog 5 : Drumagog Home and download this update from your "My Account" page.

Important links:

Complete List of New Features & Bug Fixes

Updated Getting Started Guide

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas & The WaveMachine Labs Team

Last edited by a moderator:
There's now an updated Mac installer of Drumagog 5.1 for any Power PC users that had trouble with their original download. Enjoy!