Drumagog

atmetal

yeah well.
Feb 26, 2008
www.myspace.com
I am having the hardest time getting drumagog to read anything faster than 16th notes at 150 bmp

The drums are perfectly lined up

volume on the actual track is good.

i have no idea what im doing wrong.

anyone?

On the advanced page, do you have the accuracy slider (or whatever it's called) all the way to the right? Drumagog does a good job for me when it's there, also, go into the visual viewer and make sure the hits are reaching the threshold. And finally, I'll ask, are the hits very defined? For some real fast stuff, I'll go in and manually place trigger points so Drumagog basically can't mess up. Are you having trouble with kicks? Snares? Toms? Or all of the above? One last thing, make sure the resolution is on Auto. The resolution is the the time Drumagog allows until it triggers again. Since you say 16ths at 150bpm, this makes me question the resolution. You're probably aware of it, but check it out.

thanks for the help.

as for the problems. it is with all of the drums mainly

the drums are actually wav files from DFHS and are the same velocity throughout. So i do not see why it shouldnt work. Im going to try a little bit of what you said.

for some reason, the resolution on my drumagog sits at 23 and wont go to auto???

confusing. haha

Some transient-shaping before drumagog might help. Try Dominion if you don't have anything else.

Just push the attack up to the max and reduce all the sustain. It should be especially helpfull on snare-tracks. (The noise of the strings might cause false triggers.)

Or he could just use apTrigga and not have these problems in the first place :)

~006

I have had way better luck with Drumagog than apTrigga - but if you are having trouble it may be worth a try as people are quite split on it. With drumagog, I have found it depends quite a bit on what software you are using. Also turn AutoAlign off, advanced works better for some, simple better for others, and also change the triggering frequency to something at least on a resonant frequency of the drum, if not higher - whichever works best.

See, I've had way better luck with apTrigga than Drumagog... all of the tips'n'tricks people have posted about Drumagog don't even need to be there with apTrigga. On top of that, with the exception of a monster machine, you can run more instances of apTrigga than Drumagog because it's way less of a resource hog.

Ignore me, I'm just talking shit.

~006

Haha yeah I think its horses for courses really - with aptrigga I found myself spending ages getting the threshold and frequency right and even still it wasn't too successful for me. Its like a personal preference thing for me, in that I like the way drumagog displays the hits.