Drummers

MasterOLightning said:
The reason no one mentions Daniel from In Flames is because he is a robot. Ever see them live? He's technically solid, but plays with no feeling. I wish I knew the name of the Mastodon drummer, but it doesn't say in the notes. That guy is insane.
Brann Dailor is the drummer of Mastodon, kick ass drummer indeed.

Well this is depressing. Page two, and I once again have to herald Kjetil Haraldstad(Frost of Satyricon, 1349, various other projects) and Thomas Tannenberger(TT/T Pulse 9 of Abigor). While black metal certainly has it's share of static, fast beat drummers, it's hardly a bad genre for drumming. There are few drummers as skilled and creative as TT and Frost. That goes for any genre of drumming. But black metal music is typically not geared towards creative percussion. The same could be said for most types of death metal.

For me Sean Reinert is unbeatable. I love his work on Death-Human and Cynic-Focus as well. Not a usual metal drumming, his influences come from jazz, no doubt about it. Thomas Haake is something different, though he is also a genius I think cuz of his own style and "easy" rythms...

Uhm, Flo Mornier...? Ever heard the None So Vile LP? Graves of the Father he's fucking sick on the drums.

Amon Amarth has pretty intense drums as well.

Don't forget Behemoth. Their earlier stuff's drums wasen't that great but when Havok got going, on Satanica and Zos Kia Kvltvs etc, it's fucking harsh. Listen to the drum solo in Decade of THERION. Niiice.