"Drums finished. Rhythm guitars halfways done."

shadowNINE

Guitar/Backing Vocals in Vacant Eyes
Katatonia.com was updated today...

Daniel finished the drum takes two week ago on and did one helluva solid job on 14 songs all in all. He hits hard and precise so a fat and punchy sound came natural. Upon that, we took a little break and some of us got the chance to visit Swedenrock and Hultsfred festivals and enjoy the action there. Earlier this week we went back and twiddled amps and checked cabs and nailed a very heavy guitar sound. Rhythm guitars for half of the material has been done so far. Now, we're taking yet another break, celebrating "midsommarafton" - a swedish traditional weekend and then we're doing the Estonian and Greek gigs next week (check concert section for details). After that we'll be back to the crank and crunch.

Aaaaahhh.... drums recorded and rhythm guitars halfway done- great news!
Don't forget to record some bass as well, ok? ;)
You can't imagine how much I'm looking forward to hear some new masterpieces from my fave band!
Wish you good luck with the recordings,
greetings to all of you!
:wave:

Shaping up to be such a good year... New Opeth is killer, new Bodom single is soundin good, Swallow The Sun's new one rules, Witchcraft - Firewood, and Nevermore totally surprised me... prolly best year for a while.

It has definately been a good year for metal.

New albums from Paradise Lost, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Meshuggah, Soilwork, Tristania, Corrosion of Conformity, Arch Enemy and Crowbar are all amazing. The new Fear Factory disc wasn't quite up to scratch though....

Just need new Katatonia to finish 2005 on a high..........

and don't forget PRIMORDIAL, Candlemass, Novembers Doom, Mourning Beloveth, Evoken, Morgana Lefay, Draconian, Communic...