DSL or 5150?

Sorry Ace. I don't need an explanation of how they sound, or how to use them. Trust me on that. Up against a Road King, a Dual Rectifier, a Fireball, and a fat Peavey Classic 100, the dsl doesn't stand a chance - for any type of music.

If there are any good sounding records out where a dsl was used, someone please inform me 'cause I'd like to hear it.

sigur ros-

ageatis brjun
( )
TAKK

One of my guitarists owns a DSL and we never really got much out of it.

IMHO opinion the DSL is more versatile than the 5150, however, the 5150 is GREAT at the one thing it does while the DSL is mediocre at everything.

Not meaning to sound like an ass (well....maybe I am lol), but did anyone else read that and think "No shit!" ??

lmao, I guess that statement was a little :puke:. Just 90% of the kids who come into the store and plug into the dsl on the floor crank the preamp gain and complain that it sounds thin and crappy. I won't argue that it's a great amp by any stretch, just not as bad as people like to think sometimes.

Sorry Ace. I don't need an explanation of how they sound, or how to use them. Trust me on that. Up against a Road King, a Dual Rectifier, a Fireball, and a fat Peavey Classic 100, the dsl doesn't stand a chance - for any type of music.

If there are any good sounding records out where a dsl was used, someone please inform me 'cause I'd like to hear it.

Fair enough. Wasn't trying to imply you didn't know how to dial it in, though I realize that came across by quoting you. Sounds like a nice little amp collection ya got btw.

Didn't Neil Kernon record Nile's last one with a combination of Marshall? Like the JMP-1 and the DSL?

Neil's words:
"Thank you for the kind words. It's always very much appreciated.

I used a single 57 on the gtrs.

No compression or EQ (I prefer to use the amp for all the colouration if at all possible)

The Marshall was one of the high gain heads, 2000 I think is the model."

See, Marshall's can be brutal in the right hands.

Didn't Neil Kernon record Nile's last one with a combination of Marshall? Like the JMP-1 and the DSL?

Neil's words:

No compression or EQ (I prefer to use the amp for all the colouration if at all possible)

Yup, but it just shows how much of the tone that lies in the hands of the player.

Neil's words:

But it's the JCM 2000 model, not the DSL.