Marshall 800 trade to a Jcm200 DSL?

I admit liking an all tube circuit or not is a rather subjective matter and depends on your personal taste, but that's what he asked for right?

Hmm. Nah, he's after opinions on whether the DSL will be modern sounding enough for him.

Anyway; I've borrowed a JCM900 for a bit from a friend, sounds fantastic, which is why I mentioned it.

I really like the 800's. I love how mine sounds and records and I've a 2204. There's quite a bit of variety in the line though and if you don't like yours at all then move it along and try something else. A straight swap between a JCM800 and a DSL isn't great though, you'd be getting the worse end of the deal in my opinion. In Ireland a JCM800, even a 50 watter, would fetch about 700-800 euro. I've seen DSL's go for 450 a few times.

Who knows, down the line you might get a chance to get another JCM800 you like the sound of.

Another thing I might add- alot of people have trouble dialing in a nice tone on these, even though there's so few knobs. They can be quite bright and the treble bleeds off as you up the gain. It's not uncommon to see them with bass on full and treble and presence on 3-4. For some reason when I loan mine out to people they always keep the gain low and more conservative settings, which leads to a super bright, harsh tone and they use a pedal for most of the distortion. Seen literally tens of people use them like this and sound horrible.

exactly! and THAT sir, is a matter of taste! :Smug:

Riiight... and so where did I say it wasn't?? :guh:

All I said was 'maybe try a 900' bearing in mind his modern sounding requirement. Then you jump down my throat because the 900 isn't all-tube???

Y'know what.. you're being a cunt.

you got me wrong. you said try a 900. I said I don't like it. You said it's not what he wanted to hear. I said it's exactly what he liked to hear. You call me a cunt. I don't get it dude