DT on eBay -

If there are gods, you just addressed one of them (sorry about the pijama comment) :worship: and he said above about band members being the last people on earth to know about it

this is probably true at the present state of things, now that dt-machine is "big". they obviously can't know everything abt bootlegs or the new versions of their releases, as i believe much is decided by the labels.

but i think a band at the demo-level should know it (possible they don't remember, though)

this might be a good point, yet don't u think if he's a cheater then there should also be some REAL feedback by someone who realized he bought a fake?

that can be... or no one as noticed yet. I dont buy often on ebay, nor do i buy demos or special edidtions so i am not an expert here.

And there are people who sell fakes things on the german ebay, i assure you... like fake soccer jerseys. My bf and i found one some time ago... he almost got us, because he didnt sent what we bought... then after a long time we got the jersey, it was fake and has the wrong player name on it...
Then the account of the guy was closed because some people complained.

Did you pay by paypal? maybe there is a way to get your money back? (or does it only happen when you dont receive the iitem you bought?). You should try to tell ebay that the guy sells fake items, and give him a bad reputation ...

yes i did pay with paypal...
right now i am in a dilemma. i don't feel right abt reporting someone as a cheater when i am not 100% sure of it...yet it goes without saying this is something I cannot directly ask him and get "yes it's actually a fake" as an answer. on the other hand while those on the forum, or the considerations abt feedback may just be insinuations, the doubt about the black cassette is very strong...
i thought abt trying to contact the guy on the forum who said he bought from him...he also left a positive comment, but by that time he may not have noticed the items were fake
what happens if tomorrow the package is sent, too late for reporting?
or is there still sth i could do after receiving it and have the confirmation to my doubts?
and wouldn't it be my word against his word?

As far as I know, you can report him at any time. It wouldn't make much sense for reporting to be limited to before you get the item... I mean, considering all the possible issues that might arise with the item itself that are unknown to you until you actually have it in your hands.
That doesn't mean you're not going to lose your money, though. I'm a little more skeptical on that, I'm afraid.

As far as I know, you can report him at any time. It wouldn't make much sense for reporting to be limited to before you get the item... I mean, considering all the possible issues that might arise with the item itself that are unknown to you until you actually have it in your hands.
That doesn't mean you're not going to lose your money, though. I'm a little more skeptical on that, I'm afraid.

trust me, the most skeptical here on that point is me...in the worst of the scenarios i guess i'd keep the fake demo waiting for the chance to have dt members sign it and by the power vested in them by the gods of metal declare it "official fake"...

I am sure they wouldn't have a problem with signing it since you bought it believing it was real.

Anyways, let us stop discussing the worst case and hope that it is not a fake. Chances are 50/50 at least. :)

yes i did pay with paypal...
right now i am in a dilemma. i don't feel right abt reporting someone as a cheater when i am not 100% sure of it...yet it goes without saying this is something I cannot directly ask him and get "yes it's actually a fake" as an answer. on the other hand while those on the forum, or the considerations abt feedback may just be insinuations, the doubt about the black cassette is very strong...
i thought abt trying to contact the guy on the forum who said he bought from him...he also left a positive comment, but by that time he may not have noticed the items were fake
what happens if tomorrow the package is sent, too late for reporting?
or is there still sth i could do after receiving it and have the confirmation to my doubts?
and wouldn't it be my word against his word?

My suggestion is to wait until you have the tape in your hands and then do all the necessary procedures. After that, you can (and should) bloody sue that guy's ass!

Damn I feel sorry for you, you wasted a lot of money. I sincerely hope it all works out for you :) .

@ Outstreched Fingers: So, what if the seller is from Germany? We all crap the same crap, country makes no difference. Germans will obviously have a better reputation than say (no offense) Colombians, but still, you can be scammed anywhere. Even more on e-Bay, you have to be really careful there.

ahahahah....

nationality has nothing to do with reputation imho.
honesty is not written in blood. cheaters can be from any country.

i second that. i didn't decide to trust the person in question on the basis of any equation "german=honest", same as SHOULD this story end the bad way it won't make me trust German people less.

nationality has nothing to do with reputation imho.
honesty is not written in blood. cheaters can be from any country.
true.
but i need to make clear one thing: i said what i said cause i have noted in other LBRH posts as well faint hints of race slurs.
and that makes me angry.

it's probably fake. as far as I know, that dt demo was made in 2 versions: white cassette, totally transparent cassette. I own the second version. but i've never seen a black-cassette version. the feedback isn't much encouraging, and what they say on that forum seems true to me.

just found this...

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=4019

it looks like the same black-cassette to me...

mmm, yes indeed. well this is the first time I see this (besides yours, of course). I wouldn't know what to say... maybe try asking Niklas if he remembers whether it was printed in black as well, or not. just to be 100% sure.

I don't know, if you look really closely, the two tapes have some differences. Not only is the real one labelled, but the tapes themselves have different marks on them. Also, his picture was taken in 2005, which doesn't really make sense to me. :/

I don't know, if you look really closely, the two tapes have some differences. Not only is the real one labelled, but the tapes themselves have different marks on them. Also, his picture was taken in 2005, which doesn't really make sense to me. :/

well.. mine is not labelled, but I'm sure it's original, as I bought it from a trustworthy collector.

I don't really know, everything could be...anyway different light can make things look slightly different...as for the date of the photo, I don't see how this could constitute a proof of anything or a reason to doubt.
About the label, of course I noticed that difference...in my attempt to find justifications to it I could only come up with very weak arguments...say, the owner wasn't much of a careful collector and the label came off (but then a serious seller would probably mention that) or...the label on the metal-archives version was put on by the owner not by the band...or...some copies are labelled some are not depending on the more/less lazy band member who back then technically distributed them...
well, I don't believe myself that much in these hypothesis...but what I am doing (and you guys are helping me a lot in this ) is considering the problem from any possibile angulation, so...

anyway I followed Nt3N's advice and directly asked Niklas to shed some light on this...obviously as we know he's not exactly home right now it may take him some time before he can answer