DT on eBay -

^ Damn o_O , three cassettes and I don't even own one :lol: .

Oh well I'd reckon that DT's collection is easiear and cheaper to complete than say... Mötorhead or Maiden :lol: .

This would be very fun if back then DT would just buy any type of tape they found in the store at a given time.

hi guys, i'm back with niklas' reply over the demo question (he will reply further on the forum as soon as he's back home)
what niklas wrote anyway leaves me some hope, since he says it might be an authentic tape:

"Most of the cassettes we used where white, but there definitely have been cases where we've sent away the demo on black tapes, even if those were a minority. The "real" sign of whether or not it's the real deal is actually the inlay. If it's printed on glossy paper, it's authentic.

That said, it could of course be very easy these days to make an almost identical copy of both the cassette and the inlay on glossy paper. There really is not 100% sure way of identifying a demo."

this is it...I will post photos of the real object as soon as I have it in my hands

i don't know what to say, man...i guess the only thing to do is wait for niklas to be back and see what he says

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Sorry Nico, couldn't resist. :p

I'm afraid that I can't give any positive news here. I'm 100% sure that all the demos we sent out had those glossy inlays, regardless of the cassettes used. Maybe there were some distributors making their own copies with our permission (though I can't remember this), but if the definition of an "authentic" demo is one that was bought directly from us, I'm sorry to say that this isn't one.

Sorry Nico, couldn't resist. :p

I'm afraid that I can't give any positive news here. I'm 100% sure that all the demos we sent out had those glossy inlays, regardless of the cassettes used. Maybe there were some distributors making their own copies with our permission (though I can't remember this), but if the definition of an "authentic" demo is one that was bought directly from us, I'm sorry to say that this isn't one.

ehehe no problem :p

I see.... pretty disappointing really.. :Smug:
I guess now I can't sell it back on ebay... and I already left feedback for it :rolleyes: :erk:

edit: fuck it.. I think I'm gonna sell it back on ebay and get my money back.... I spent 40 euros for it goddamit!

anyway... I just got the new japanese editions of 2008.

haven and projector feature a sticker and a different OBI with a detailed description of the production process, written by Mikael in 2007.
the gallery, the mind's I just look like european deluxe editions, but with OBI and a sticker
skydancer looks like the 1993 press but has a sticker and OBI

back to the 'Demo tapes' issue..

I asked anothe trader, his name is Denis (aka JUMPINMETALLICA on the forum), and he told me his black version of it has normal paper, while the transparent one has got glossy paper.

I guess that some producers made new copies of the cassette and distibuted it. I guess we can call that official, if it's made with the permission of the band. If it comes directly from the band then it's even better, but I think it's pretty hard to find those.