DT tour with Arch Enemy

@Taliesin: Various people at various times. Most people lick up to moderators at one time or another. I won't name any names but i can point my finger at some posts before mine.
As for free candy, i don't know, i never got any. :'(

Siren said:
But "i know something you don't know" has always been his board persona

True. And I for one find it oftentimes humorous; it is clearly his role in here, just as, for example, Misanthrope's role is to be... well, Misanthrope. Tranquillian is the sacred keeper of the DT-gossip, and I know he knows things that not everyone should know.

Then again, I found Rahvin's penis-remark also very funny (especially knowing Tranquillian's body-size). And reading Siren's post right after that made me laugh aloud.

As for the rest, it looks like nothing but venting off some steam - just let it go by, folks, all will return back to the status quo sooner than you know.

-Villain

Siren said:
Villain spoke wisely once again. :)

Heh, "once in a (long) while", you mean. Somehow I feel I haven't contributed anything to this forum for years, or at least for months. It's good to know some still think I have something wise to say, occasionally at least.

-Villain

i second the idea of letting it go, there's no need to feed the internet drama machine. but i have appreciated the appreciation. if you really, really like me and haven't had a chance to say it yet, please remember i take cash.

also, remember that posts that offer no contribution whatsoever to a thread might get removed, regardless of your persona, especially if that's all you ever post. whining about it might get removed, too. expressing your dislike for the moderator, if kept concise and to the point, is however considered very informative and will be left untouched.

La Rocque said:
I don't think you'd know the truth if it walked up to you and said,hello.
You are alone with this opinion or maybe it's just jealousy on your part.
Rahv is one if not the best moderator on the UM forum. He listens to what people have to say. He has put up with me and my confused postings and for that alone he has my up most respect. I don't understand forum members like you and a few others who are negative 9 out of 10 postings. We're in this DT love affair together. So if you don't have something constructive to share, stick it up your ass. What's wrong with you didn't mommy and daddy love you as a child? Or it's probably like what my friend Sarah would say "You need a good loving".
A question as you posted you knew why DT are not going to tour with Arch Enemy?
I would like to know this as I was to fly to Amsterdam to see a couple of their NL shows, also was going to check out Opeth and 2 Arcturus concerts.
I keep forgetting we're 6 year olds here, I know something you don't know.
Before I go, one last thing ... Eminem is your daddy, mofo -

How old are you again, 45, or was it 50? It really doesn't matter. I think I am a lot more mature than you are anyway, regardless of how many times I say "I know something you don't". I know more about you thank you think and I think you're a sick creepy bastard.

As for me going off at Rahvin: it was perhaps a bit unprovoked but I think this forum needs to be shook around a bit. It's so full off asskissing (not just Rahvin's) that it makes me sick. It's been stale for a long long time.

It's so full off asskissing (not just Rahvin's) that it makes me sick.
Actually, it's not, and it's not full of anything anymore.

@Siren: I wouldn't call it licking up. The way I see it, Tranquillian drew a line. A stupid one. And I wanted to show which side of it I was on. The motivation for doing so was simply that I thought Tranquillian's assertions were BS... Not that I wanted to complement our Godly and wise moderator. He's such a good man. Did I mention he was wise?

And I can't wait to see Arch Enemy live now. I listened to their albums again, and despite the tracks which are just shit, I find I'm quite whelmed by them. And seeing them live will surely be as mundane as last time (although granted live they were better than on the records).

I don't know if there is a reason for it but I can't see any posts made in this topic made after my own, which was at 09:36 PM according to the board.

Edit: Now I do.

Good news on the Arch Enemy website!
Arch Enemy have postponed their UK tour until December because Dark Tranquillity pulled out :)
Now all I want to know is - can DT be confirmed for these rescheduled dates?
Pleeeeaase say it's ON :D

Yeah, says so on the website. Not bought mine yet, due to lack of cash, so hopefully this rescheduling will mean I have more time to find some spare cash for a ticket :)
I just really want to see it announced on DT's homepage "we will be supporting on the rescheduled UK Arch Enemy tour in December".... come on, quote me happy :D

This was in the local paper the other day, note, in swedish; http://www.gp.se/gp/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=286&a=234331

To sum it up, Stanne explains that they were keen to go but one of the reasons they couldn't was that Anders couldn't take time off from work but that they've got plans for an own tour later this year in november/december and it's likely that they'll play in Gothenburg in december.

am sad! indeed, DT did not play with Arch Enemy!! sniff!!:yell: :cry:
But I saw that they were in concert the 6/11!!:headbang:
with Chimaira (I do not know this groupe!)et Hatesphere (that one I know it!!and in concert 20/10 with Soilwork!! too much extremely!!!!)!
I hopee that that will not be cancelled!!:p

This sucks big time, this was like my only chance to meet a girl that lives cross country!

Was so ready for this consert!
Glad i didn't order at ticket...

Kratos said:
This sucks big time, this was like my only chance to meet a girl that lives cross country!

:lol:

Okay, I know I should not feel like this(*), but the above line just makes me want to say: You got what you deserved. It is a DT-gig you are speaking about! You should have left the girl alone anyway and go for the front row! No girl is as important as Dark Tranquillity. :heh:

-Villain (who is, surprisingly, single at the age of 26 - wonder why?)

* Is schadenfreude a proper English word? I see it sometimes used by English-speaking people, but is it only because there is no proper word for that in English language? I know what the word means in German and I tend to use the Finnish counterpart often, so I'd like to know if it is appropriate to use it in English discussions.