Favorite dt song titles

stardrowned

The doctor is in...
Apr 20, 2006
neverwhere
www.livesvartan.tk
I'll start by saying my favorite song titles from each album/EP.

Skydancer: A Bolt of Blazing Gold
Of Chaos and Eternal Night: With the Flaming Shades of Fall
The Gallery: Punish My Heaven
Enter Suicidal Angels: Zodijackyl Light
The Mind's I: Hedon
Projector: Nether Novas
Haven: Haven
Damage Done: Hours Passed in Exile
Lost To Apathy: Lost To Apathy
Character: Through Smudged Lenses
Fiction: The Mundane and the Magic

All-time favorite would be With The Flaming Shades of Fall. :kickass:

:err: This is quite confusing indeed.

Dark Tranquillity title-tracks:
Trail of Life Decayed: n/a
A Moonclad Reflection: n/a
Skydancer: n/a
Of Chaos and Eternal Night: Of Chaos and Eternal Night
The Gallery: The Gallery
Enter Suicidal Angels: n/a
The Mind's I: The Mind's Eye (a bit of a stretch here)
Projector: n/a
Haven: Haven
Damage Done: Damage Done
Exposures: Exposure (another stretch)
Lost to Apathy: Lost to Apathy
Character: n/a
Fiction: n/a

If I had to choose the best of those, I'd be torn between The Gallery, Haven and Damage Done, all of which are very good songs in my opinion. The Mind's Eye and Lost to Apathy wouldn't be far behind. All in all, I think most their title-tracks are above average songs, even by DT-standards.

-Villain

I think blackash's definition differs a little bit from the usual definition. What he probably wants to know is which is your favorite song on each album. So I think it's better to that in this thread than to discuss the definition of title-track.

Maybe he means the phrases on the DT site, like "The Mundane and the Magic" from a few weeks back?
I dont remember what those phrases were for the other albums

@blackashinheritance: Clarify concept so that confused moderator may edit thread title. Did you mean "post your favorite track from each DT release"? A title-track is a song with the same name as the record it's on.

Yeah, perhaps he meant track-titles? In that case, my choices would be:

Pre-Skydancer: Void of Tranquillity (just cool)
Skydancer: Nightfall by the Shore of Time (a very clever and instantly intriguing title)
Of Chaos and Eternal Night: With the Flaming Shades of Fall (not much to choose from here)
The Gallery: The Emptiness from Which I Fed (perhaps a bit too long, but nevertheless a very cool title)
Enter Suicidal Angels: Archetype (a mediocre title for a crappy song, but once again, not much to choose from here)
The Mind's I: Hedon (plenty of good titles on this album, I was perhaps influenced by the actual lyrics when choosing the best)
Projector: The Sun Fired Blanks (never been fond of titles like FreeCard or ThereIn, and Dobermann is probably the worst DT-title ever)
Haven: The Wonders at Your Feet (there's such a great irony in this title)
Damage Done: White Noise / Black Silence (very cool)
Exposures: In Sight (I like simple wordplays like this)
Lost to Apathy: The Endless Feed - Chaos Seed Remix (I really like the subtitle)
Character: My Negation (Am I 1? is a weak title, but others are good)
Fiction: Nothing to No One (sounds cool, but it's probably a bit too early to choose a favorite track-title for this album)

As for "Am I 1?" as "Character", I do remember it, but working titles shouldn't really count in my opinion. After all, "No One" had a working title of "Lethe 2" I recall and probably most of the other songs have had various working titles as well - I doubt we know even a fraction of them.

-Villain

As for "Am I 1?" as "Character", I do remember it, but working titles shouldn't really count in my opinion. After all, "No One" had a working title of "Lethe 2" I recall and probably most of the other songs have had various working titles as well - I doubt we know even a fraction of them.

I'm pretty sure I know the working title for "The Lesser Faith" :heh:

Best Track-Titles would make much more sense. In that case, "Inside the Particle Storm" is up there for me on Fiction. Character: "My Negation"; Damage Done: "Format C: For Cortex"; Haven: "Not Built to Last"; Projector: "Nether Novas"; TMI: "Atom Heart 341.5 (?)"; The Gallery: "The Emptiness From Which I Fed"; Of Chaos...: Of Chaos...;

~kov.

Skydancer -- Nightfall by the Shore of Time

The Gallery -- The Dividing Line

The Mind's I -- Dreamlore degenerate

Projector -- Nether Novas

Haven -- Indifferent Suns

Damage Done -- Ex Nihilo

Character -- Through Smudged Lenses

Fiction -- Inside the Particle Storm

I seem to like long titles.

Skydancer -- Crimson Winds

The Gallery -- The Emptiness from Which I Fed

The Mind's I -- Still Moving Sinews

Projector -- Nether Novas

Haven -- Fabric

Damage Done -- Monochromatic Stains

Character -- Through Smudged Lenses

Fiction -- Inside the Particle Storm

Cool topic. DT has some of my favorite titles in metal:

Skydancer: A Bolt Of Blazing Gold (tough choice; many poetic titles)
Chaos: With The Flaming Shades Of Fall
Gallery: The Emptiness From Which I Fed (2nd choice: Silence, and the Firmanent Withdrew)
Minds I: Still Moving Sinews
Projector: The Sun Fired Blanks
Haven: The Wonders At Your Feet
Damage Done: Format C:For Cortex (A brilliant idea. 2nd choice: Cathode Ray Sunshine; 3rd; Hours Passed in Exile)
Character: The Endless Feed
Fiction: Inside the Particle Storm

Guess I go for the long ones too.